This revolutionary 25 mm Right-Angle Polar Alignment Scope with LED Illuminator by Astro-Physics was made for the AP 1600GTO mount, but will fit all AP Mach1GTO, 900GTO, 1200GTO, and AP1100 mounts as well with the proper adapter (sold separately). The user can make precise adjustments to alignment without the need to rotate either the RA axis or the polar alignment scope itself, and of course most everyone loves right angle viewing, since it saves our necks and backs!
The polar scope has an aperture of 25 mm and a 20 mm focal length, and the eyepiece itself is a 22 mm Orthoscopic with a wide 6-degree field of view. Focusing takes place at the eyepiece.
The reticle is suitable for both Northern and Southern Hemisphere use and is accurate through 2040. The battery-powered illuminator bathes the reticle in a nice, red light that can be adjusted by turning a simple knob.
Advantages of the Right-Angle Polar Alignment Scope:
- Right-angle viewing eliminates neck strain during polar alignment.
- Reticle suitable for Northern and Southern Hemispheres through 2040.
- Precise adjustments are made without rotating the Polar Alignment Scope or the Right Ascension axis.
- Polar Align in light polluted areas (only Polaris needs to be seen).
- Battery-powered Illuminator with adjustable brightness control.
- Objective lens: 200 mm focal length, 25 mm diameter.
- Eyepiece: 22 mm Wide-field Orthoscopic, focusing ocular
- Field of view: 6-degrees
- Right-angle prism diagonal
Methods to Determine Position of Polaris on Reticle:
- Astro-Physics Polar Alignment Scope Utility - now a part of the AP V2 ASCOM driver
- Astro-Physics PolarAlign App - for iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, available in the iTunes Store.
- Android App - coming soon.
Please Note: Although the Right-Angle Polar Alignment Scope was originally designed for the Astro-Physics 1600GTO mount, there are also adapters available for the Mach1GTO and all 900 and 1200 mounts (except the original black version).