Celestron EdgeHD 800 OTA with CGE Dovetail Plate
Celestron EdgeHD 800 OTA with CGE Dovetail Plate
The Celestron EdgeHD 800 OTA with CGE Dovetail Plate is part of the revamped EdgeHD Telescope Series by Celestron. Get pinpoint, high-definition star images with Celestron EdgeHd’s coma-free performance and built-in flattener to ensure sharp focus all the way to the edge-of-field. See the Universe in HD!Celestron EdgeHD 800 OTA at a Glance
- Mirror Support Knobs and Flexible Tension Clutches - hold the mirror in place and reduce image shift when rotating the tube around the mount.
- Tube Cooling Vents - located on the rear cell allow hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror.
- Fastar Versatility - All EdgeHD optical tubes are Fastar compatible for imaging down to f/2 with optional accessories.
- Brighter Star Images - Light becomes more concentrated when focused precisely. This maximizes image brightness.
- Dovetail Plate - for attaching to CGE mounts.
- Sturdy Handle and Large Focusing Knob for your ergonomic needs.
Special Features of the Celestron EdgeHD 800 OTA
True Astrograph Quality
EdgeHD optics produce a focal plane more than three-times flatter than a standard Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope and dramatically flatter than competing coma-free designs. This guarantees you visibly sharp stars across some of the largest CCD chips available today.
Superior edge performance not only creates a rounder, more pleasing stars but actually improves the resolution and limiting magnitude when compared to telescopes of equal aperture. With Celestron’s StarBright XLT optical coatings on every surface, EdgeHD optics gives you maximum light across the widest visual and photographic spectrum.
In addition to EdgeHD’s optimized optical design, the telescope tube has been redesigned to make sure you get the most from your optics each and every night.
- Mirror Clutches - Flexible tension clutches hold the mirror in place and reduce image shift when taking long-exposure astro-images. Once focused, the flexible rods allow the mirror to be held in place without putting any force or pressure on the mirror assembly, keeping the image centered in the eyepiece (or on the sensor).
- Tube Vents - Cooling vents located on the rear cell allow hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror. Each vent has an integrated 95-micron micromesh filter guaranteed to let warm air out without letting dust in.
- Fastar Versatility - All EdgeHD optical tubes are Fastar-compatible, allowing the secondary mirror to be removed and replaced with a third party lens accessory for ultra-fast f/2 wide-field imaging. Add the optional reducer lens—custom-designed for your size EdgeHD tube—and you can increase your field of view without sacrificing optical performance.
Every EdgeHD that ships have been tested not only for the surface quality of each optical component but also with a camera and artificial star to ensure the imaging system meets our rigid quality assurance. This “final acceptance test” confirms the EdgeHD will perform in the field and deliver high-quality astro-images.
OPT Product Number: CE-91030-XLT
|Aperture||203 mm (8")|
|Aperture||203.2 mm (8")|
|Camera/Eyepiece Connection||24 TPI)|
|Dawes Limit||0.57 arcseconds|
|Focal Length||2032 mm|
|Light Gathering Power||843x|
|Optical Design||Modified SCT|
|OTA Mount Type||CGE Dovetail|
|OTA Weight||14 lbs.|
|Tube Weight||14 lbs|
|Warranty||2 Year Warranty|
- Celestron EdgeHD 800, 203.2 mm (8-inch) Corrected Schmidt-Cassegrain OTA.
- 9x50 Optical Finderscope.
- 1.25-inch Star Diagonal.
- 1.25-inch Eyepiece/ 40 mm Plossl, 51x mag.
- Dovetail Plate, CGE mount compatible.
- 2 Year Warranty.
Back to basics
I owned the non-edge 8” years ago as my first “high power” scope. I since have owned the 8”, 9.25”m and 11” Edge. I am now back home. For thermal characteristics, portability this is my best option. The aluminum dew shield is better than any soft model and the biggest problem, transport, is solved by using the original box supplied by OPT. The Pacific design bag is light and portable and holds the focus mask and red dot spotter. I got the 9.25” bag to allow for more space, but the 8” bag also accommodates the scope with the 2” Televue focus tube and probably will fit a after market R&P focuser.
Excellent service. When I 'thought' I had a problem with the collimation of the scope OPT invited me to come up to their shop to correct the problem.
i'v only had this ota a few days it is the perfect mate for my IEQ45 i attached the optional focal reducer and camera adapter and went to work i use a Nikon D3100 and the results were stunning all pics were under 60sec unguided single shots and they came out like a pro bright detailed images it's great when you show them to people to hear the gasps and ooohhs and aahhss from them. i tried to upload the pics but it doesn't seem to work i would have liked to show you. so the edgehd preformed' edge to edge all stars bright and round complete flat field i am really happy with this OTA i'm taking great astro pics..