The Celestron 279.4 mm (11-inch) Schmidt-Cassegrain OTA with CGE Mount Plate is available individually to be used with your favorite mount. Each OTA is made to the same standards as those used on all their high-quality telescopes. All of its optical surfaces are coated with StarBright XLT coatings. These tube assemblies are equipped with the same dovetail mounting bar as used on the CGE Pro or CGEM series for easy attachment to a variety of popular mounts.
The Celestron C11-A-XLT Schmidt Cassegrain OTA at a Glance
- Aluminum Optical Tube weighing only 27.5 lb.
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings.
- Visual back allows for use with 1.25-inch accessories.
- The Star diagonal provides a comfortable viewing position when observing objects high in the sky.
- Includes dovetail rail compatible with a CGE mount (and many others).
- Convenient carry handle and large focusing knob for your ergonomic needs.
- Portable enough to be taken to dark skies, but it has 89% more light-gathering power than an 8-inch telescope.
Using an f/6.3 Focal Reducer makes it accessible to a wide variety of CCD cameras. As a visual instrument, you can search for all of the Messier Catalog, NGC Galaxies, and Caldwell objects. Turn this scope to the planets and see amazing detail on the surface of Jupiter; see Cassini's Division in the rings of Saturn, and resolve details on the surface of Mars. Even the distant Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto are within your reach.
The Celestron C11 is Celestron's first new Schmidt-Cassegrain optical system in over a decade. This new 11-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain features a precision optical system with 2800 mm focal length, a focal ratio of f/10, and comes standard with Celestron's StarBright XLT coatings.
Celestron warrants your telescope to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for two years. Celestron will repair or replace such product or part thereof which, upon inspection by Celestron, is found to be defective in materials or workmanship.
Celestron Product Number: 91036-XLT
Please Note: This optical tube assembly comes with a 3-inch dovetail and will attach to mounts such as the Celestron CGE Pro or CGEM, the Losmandy G-11, and newer GM-8, Software Bisque's Paramount, and mounts by AstroPhysics. This OTA will not fit onto the CG-5, older GM-8 mounts, or the Meade LXD55. If you are unsure, please give us a call before you buy. Thanks!