- The Orion Mini 50mm Guide Scope diminuative construction is perfect for astrophotography guide star acquisition.
- Designed for use with the Orion StarShoot AutoGuider (sold separately) or similar small-chip CCD autoguider devices.
- The Orion Mini 50mm Guide Scope is ideal for guiding long-exposure astrophotographs with imaging telescopes up to 1500mm in focal length.
- Features fully multi-coated optics and a focus-adjusting front ring with locking collar.
- The included parfocal ring incorporated into the Orion Mini 50mm Guide Scope makes it easy to repeat autoguiding performance night to night, by letting you set the ideal focus position of the autoguider.
Orion Mini 50mm Guide ScopeThe Orion-designed Mini 50mm Guide Scope is a complete and compact guide scope solution designed for use with the Orion StarShoot AutoGuider (sold separately) or similar small-chip CCD autoguider devices. The Orion Mini 50mm Guide Scope is ideal for guiding long-exposure astrophotographs with imaging telescopes up to 1500mm in focal length.
Thanks to the high level of guiding accuracy offered by modern autoguider devices such as the Orion StarShoot AutoGuider, astro-imagers of today can use guide scopes with much shorter focal lengths and smaller apertures compared to the large, bulky models used in the past. Using a more optically "fast" refractor as a guide scope can save astro-imagers time, space, and money, but will still provide the unrivaled accuracy that only autoguiding can bring to long-exposure astrophotographs. Although modern dedicated autoguider devices allow small, optically fast guide scopes to be used with excellent results, there is an unfortunate scarcity of quality offerings available. That is, until now. Our new Orion Mini 50mm Guide Scope brings autoguiding into the realm of affordability for any astro-imager, and brings the guide scope to a position that was previously occupied by a telescope finder scope.
Consisting of a 50mm aperture, 162mm focal length (f/3.2) achromatic refractor guide scope, an adjustable dovetail guide scope bracket, an 1.25" aluminum parfocal ring, a dovetail mounting base, and an adapter plate, the Orion Mini 50mm Guide Scope makes it easy for any astro-imager to enjoy the precision of autoguiding in their images. All this pint-sized setup requires is a StarShoot AutoGuider (sold separately) or similar small-chip CCD autoguider and itƒ????????s ready for night, camera, action! The guide scope bracket fits into the standard Orion dovetail finder scope base found on most Orion telescopes. If your imaging scope doesnƒ????????t feature a dovetail base or has one already occupied by an oft-used finder, the included dovetail base and attachment hardware lets you attach the Mini 50mm Guide Scope to any optical tube. Alternatively, the included adapter plate can be used to attach the dovetail base and Mini 50mm Guide Scope to any standard dovetail plate or side-by-side plate if preferred.
The featherweight guide scope tips the scales at a mere 16oz., and has been designed for use with imaging telescopes measuring up to 1500mm in focal length. This one-pound wonder Mini 50mm Guide Scope features fully multi-coated optics and a focus-adjusting front ring with locking collar. The included parfocal ring makes it easy to repeat autoguiding performance night to night, by letting you set the ideal focus position of the autoguider.
Find out how easy and affordable it can be to add autoguiding precision to your images today with the new Orion Mini 50mm Guide Scope!
- Compact mini guide scope designed for use with astrophotography telescopes up to 1500mm focal length
- Mini 50mm guide scope with bright, wide-field optics puts numerous potential guide stars in view so you'll never have to search for one!
- Adjustable-aim dovetail guide scope bracket installs on virtually any astrophotography telescope quickly and easily
- Very small and compact autoguiding system adds hardly any weight to an astrophotography setup and can conveniently be stashed in an accessory case between uses
- Designed for use with Orion StarShoot AutoGuider (sold separately) and other similar small-chip CCD autoguiders
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Can the Celestron Nexguide autoguider be used with this Mini Guide Scope?
Hello Justin, The Nexguide indeed can be used with this guidescope. The Orion 50mm Mini Guide Scope has a 1.25" insert tube in the back & the Celestron Nexguide Autoguider comes with a 1.25" nosepiece.
What are the threads on the front of the scope? is there a 2" filter adapter available? :)
Unfortunately, you cannot attach a 2" filter to the front of this guidescope. the ID of the front threads is 49.5mm. The only way to get a 2" filter work on this would be we a custom machined adapter.