Vixen VMC330L f/13 Maksutov Cassegrain Catadioptric OTA Telescope
Ask Our Telescope Experts
Vixen VMC330L f/13 Maksutov Cassegrain Catadioptric OTA TelescopeThe Vixen VMC330L telescope is a unique catadioptric telescope. With two Dielectric coated mirrors and two high-precision corrector lenses, one of which is a meniscus, the VMC330L produces sharp images with no hint of false color. The corrector lenses, in front of the secondary mirror, virtually eliminate spherical aberration and field curvature. Focusing is on primary mirror movement. The f/13 optical system is suitable for observation of all types of celestial objects.
The Vixen VMC330L telescope is not just another catadioptric telescope. The VMC330 is a true all-purpose telescope. The open tube design of The Vixen VMC330L telescope eliminates the dew problem that is common with conventional Schmidt-Cassegrain systems and the rack and pinion focuser eliminates image-shift common in other catadioptric designs.
The Vixen VMC330L has very good contrast. It is an excellent telescope for observing globular clusters, double stars, and distant planets.With its open tube, the telescope cools down quicker than an SCT or classical Maksutov-Cassegrain. The optical design of the VMC330L is ideal for high-grade astro imaging. The meniscus correcting lens offers a large corrected field.
Vixen VMC330L - 13" f/13 Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope Features.
- Open tube design cools down quicker than an SCT or classical Maksutov-Cassegrain.
- Optical design is ideal for high-grade astroimaging.
- The meniscus correcting lens offers a large corrected field.
- Focusing is through primary mirror movement.
- The corrector lenses, in front of the secondary mirror, virtually eliminate spherical aberration and field curvature.
- The f/13 optical system is suitable for observation of all types of celestial objects.
- Produces an incredible 0.35 arc seconds of resolution with a 14.4 limiting stellar magnitude.
|Aperture||330 mm (12.99")|
|Aperture||331 mm (13.03")|
|Camera/Eyepiece Connection||1.25" Nosepiece|
|Dawes Limit||0.35 arcseconds|
|Focal Length||4300 mm|
|Light Gathering Power||2236x|
|Optical Design||Maksutov Cassegrain|
|Tube Weight||44 lbs|
|Warranty||5 Year Warranty|