- This is a used item in very good condition*
- Uses for visual observation with either 1.25" or 2" eyepieces
- Permit dramatic reduction in imager setup time
- Allows inspection, centering composing and focusing prior to taking telescopic images
- Thread onto rear cell
- Includes 2" eyepiece holder and adapter for 1.25", 2 extension tubes
- UHTC-coated Pyrex optical flat mirrors
- 40mm mirror clear apearture
Used Meade #647 2" Flip Mirror
Meade #647 CCD Photo Visual Flip Mirror System (1.25" / 2") w/ UHTC - 07579 is an essential accessory for CCD imaging. A major advance in accessories specifically designed for CCD imagers of any brand or chip size, MeadeFlip-Mirror Systems permit a dramatic reduction in imager setup time.
The basic function of Meade Flip Mirror System is to allow the CCD imager or astrophotographer to inspect, center, compose, and focus the telescopic image immediately prior to the (CCD or photographic) image being taken. Threaded to the rear cell of any LX Series mirror-lens Meade Telescope or to other Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope brands, #647 Meade Flip Mirrors greatly facilitate these operations.
Meade model 647 Flip-Mirror System (UHTC) includes 2" eyepiece holder and 1.25" eyepiece adapter permitting use of either 1.25" or 2" eyepieces. Meade 1.25"/2" Flip Mirror System is recommended for full-field 35mm astrophotography or for CCD imagers of any chip dimensions, including all Meade Pictor Series through 1616XTE; SBIG ST-4 through ST-10; Apogee AP-series; Finger Lakes CM-series; or other imager brands, or for visual applications with 1.25" or 2" eyepieces.
- Applications: Flip the Mirror down to center the image while viewing with an eyepiece at 90Â°; flip the mirror up to pass light on to the CCD chip or, as discussed below, to the film plane of a 35mm camera . A fine helicoid focusing thread allows for precise focusing of the eyepiece to the visual image in the down mode, and a lock-ring fixes this visual focus.
- Optical Flat Mirrors: Meade Flip-Mirror Systems incorporate the same high-resolution UHTC coated Pyrex optical flat mirrors as used with Meade advanced telescope models, including LX-Series Schmidt-Cassegrains Meade Telescopes. The result is that Meade Flip-Mirrors may be equally well used for normal visual observing with the telescope, without requiring removal of the flip - mirror from the telescope.
- Flip-Mirror Alignment: Meade CCD Photo Visual # 647 Flip-Mirror System (1.25"/2") with UHTC includes 2-axis mirror adjustment screws and locks for precise image centering. Once set, mirror alignment remains fixed for future applications.
- CCD Barrel Adapter; Extension Tubes: For CCD imagers with standard 1.25" barrels, a barrel adapter is included for attachment of the CCD imager to the flip-mirror. Alternately, CCD's with T-thread interfaces (including all Meade Pictor CCD models) can be attached using one of the two extension tubes included with each unit. The barrel adapter and both of the extension tubes attach to the flipmirror unit by means of a bayonet fitting, permitting rotation of the barrel adapter or extension tube for correct image composition on the CCD chip or camera film.
- 35mm Astrophotography: Use the short extension tube (with the appropriate T-mount) for astrophotography with your 35mm camera body, which replaces the CCD imager at the rear of the flip-mirror.
- Meade #647 Flip Mirror System (1.25" / 2.00") w/ UHTC
- 2" eyepiece holder and 1.25" eyepiece adapter
- 2 extension tubes
- * As seen in the photo there is some rust on screws *
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.