- This is a used item in very good condition
- Download up to 120 frames per second
- Incorporates the highly-regarded Sony EXview HAD ICX618ALA Monochrome CCD sensor
Used Celestron Skyris 618 Monochrome - 11431 -11431: Celestron Skyris 618M Monochrome CCD Camera Features:
- Celestron partnered with "The Imaging Source" to develop the Skyris line of planetary imagers
- The Skyris incorporates the highly-regarded Sony EXview HAD ICX618ALA Monochrome CCD sensor
- With a high speed 3.0 USB connector you get the fastest possible frame rate. 3.0 USB is backwards-compatible with a 2.0 USB connector
- The Skyris 618M will download up to 120 frames per second
- A great option for long focal length telescopes such as the Celestron SCT and Edge HD Telescopes
- Skyris will easily adapt to your telescope or lens with a 1.25" nosepiece or C-thread
- Included accessories consist of a 1.25" nosepiece, iCap software CD, 10' USB 3.0 cable
- Includes Celestron 2 Year Warranty
The Celestron Skyris is the result of a collaboration between two industry leaders. The Imaging Source is highly regarded for their innovative line of CCD Cameras and Celestron has been leading the charge in telescope design and innovation for years! Together the two make great products, and we are happy to have the Skyris! Product comes with a full 2 year factory warranty.
The Skyris line of cameras allows you to capture crisp, high resolution images of the moon, sun, and planets like never before. With industry leading Sony Exview HAD technology the Skyris gives astroimagers an edge in the field! This is the first camera that incorporates USB 3.0 high speed connections and Celestron's proprietary camera body design which helps dissipate heat and minimize thermal noise.
The Sony ICX618ALA CCD sensor is perfect for planetary imaging because of its speed, sensitivity, pixel size, and chip size. The Skyris 618M delivers 120 frames per second which allows you to capture more data in less time and capture brief moments of stable air (hence good "seeing") to ensure crisp image rendering.
The Skyris 618M is a monochrome camera that offers the most sensitivity, so you can capture the best possible monochrome images instantly. Either use the camera by itself to capture stunning black and white images of the Moon and planets, or attach your own filters and filter wheel to create your own color planetary images. This monochrome camera offers you increased sensitivity and the flexibility to image Solar System objects the way you want.
All Skyris cameras include Celestron iCap capture software and stacking software, for Windows systems only. This iCap software allows you to easily control the camera, snap your images or movie file, and export them. Next, you'll bring your images or movies into the stacking software, where you can automatically filter the best images and stack them to create your masterpiece.
- A/D Conversion: 12 bit
- Back Focus Distance: 19 mm with Nosepiece; 17.5 mm with a C-mount
- Exposure Range: 0.0001 sec to 30 sec
- Imaging Sensor: Sony ICX618ALA Monochrome CCD
- Sensor size: 4.46 mm x 3.80 mm
- Pixel size: 5.6 μ square
- Camera Resolution: 640 x 480 pixels
- Framing Rate: up to 120 frames per second
- Mounting: 1.25" barrel and C-thread
- Operating temperature: +40° C to -40° C
- Shutter: Global
- Sub-framing: Yes, selectable
- Software compatible: iCap, IC Capture, DirectShow, FireCapture
- Power: Powered by connection via USB cable
- USB Computer connection: High-speed 3.0, 10 foot cable length
- Weight: 3.6 oz (102 g)
Additional InformationADC12 bitBack focus17.5mmBayer MatrixMonochromeCamera Connection1.25" nosepiece or C mountConditionUsedConditionVery goodCooledUncooledDelta T40°C Below AmbientDynamic Range12 StopsFull Rez Frame Rate60fpsManufacturerCelestronMax Frame Rate120fpsMega Pixels0.3 mpPixel Array640 x 480Pixel Size5.6 micronsSensor Diagonal4.5mmSensor TypeCCDSensorSony ICX618ALAWarranty90 DayWeight0.225 lbs
- Celestron Skyris 618 mono camera
- USB cable
- 1.25" nosepiece
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.