- This is a used item in excellent condition
- Allows remote control from hand held devices
Used Celestron Skyportal - UT-12117 - SOLD
The innovative Celestron SkyPortal WiFi Adapter takes the technology behind their cool SkyPortal app even further by activating a wireless control feature for most computerized Celestron telescopes. More than merely enabling completely wireless operation (including telescope alignment) , the SkyPortal Link 2 will allow you to automatically slew the scope to an object with a simple tap on your iPhone/iPad planetarium interface. And a SkyTour feature will even generate a list of the best stars, galaxies, and nebula to see based on the user's time and location.
Compatible with Celestron's SkyPortal app available for Apple and Andoid devices. Containing 100,000+ objects, SkyPortal combines gorgeous astroimages and audio descriptions for a fully immersive observing experience. A Sky Tour feature will generate the very best deep sky objects to observe based on your location, date and time.Celestron SkyPortal WiFi Adapter Highlights
- The SkyPortal provides you with complete wireless control of your Celestron telescope
- Align your telescope wirelessly using your iPad or iPhone
- A planetarium-style screen allows you to send your telescope to any object displayed by simply taping on that object.
- Not sure what to look at? The Sky Tour function creates a list of all the best stars, galaxies, and nebulae up that night.
- The SkyPortal does not require any batteries; it plugs into the Aux port on your telescope.
- SkyPortal works with NexRemote as long as you download the latest version and SkyPortal Installer on the Celestron website.
SkyPortal is compatible with the following Celestron mounts:
- Advanced VX
- CG-5 (requires compatible cable)
- CGE Pro
- CGEM DX
- NexStar Evolution
- NexStar SLT
- NexStar SE
- SkyProdigy (no automatic alignment)
- Skyportal wi-fi device
- Original box and packaging
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.