- This is a used item in excellent condition
- Supports Celestron Fork Mounted SCTs up to 11 Inches
- Low Latitude Range! Use it on the Equator!
- Provides a Heavy Duty Platform
- Guarantees Minimal Vibration
- Perfect for Stable Astroimaging
Used Celestron CPC Heavy Duty Wedge
For optimal performance in astronomical observing that involves setting circles or motorized tracking, Celestron's telescopes with a fork mount and motor drive must be mounted on an Equatorial Wedge. Celestron's HD Pro Wedge is designed to support their fork mounted Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescopes (up to 11 Inches). The wedge allows you to tilt the telescope so that its polar axis (R.A. axis) is parallel to the Earth's axis. It provides a heavy-duty, stable platform that is perfect for astroimaging and guarantees minimal vibration.
The angle of tilt will depend on your latitude when the telescope is level. The angle between the horizon level and the polar axis will equal your latitude when the telescope's axis is parallel with that of the Earth's. A low latitude range of 0 to 90 degrees makes this wedge functional for use at the equator. Once properly mounted and adjusted on the wedge, the telescope is said to be equatorially mounted and its setting circles and included slow-motion controls can be used to locate deep-sky objects.
Built-in features include:
- An Altitude/Azimuth adjustment controls with oversized knobs attached for easy polar alignment,
- A Hand Control holder that provides the option of placing it on the wedge or the fork arm, (holds the control in place - even when the fork are is angled towards the ground,)
- A Tilt Plate for easier mounting of the telescope by simply rotating the scope onto the wedge,
- Heavey Duty Side Plates provide even more dampening of vibrations during imaging,
- A Large 14 mm Diameter Latitude Adjustment screw to add strength and stability while supplying less vibration and easier rotation with a heavy telescope,
- And a Bubble Level.
|Warranty||90 Day Covered By OPT|
- Celestron HD Pro Wedge
- Mounting hardware
- Oversized Knobs