- This TPO 2-Inch LRS Crayford Focuser for RC Telescopes rotates a full 360-degrees for better observing.
- Designed to fit 6-inch and 8-inch TPO (Third Planet Optics) Ritchey-Chretien Telescopes with a male thread on the rear.
- A 10:1 fine adjustment knob on this TPO 2-Inch LRS Crayford Focuser for RC Telescopes allows for superior fine tuning without slippage for an extended period of time.
- Includes 1.25-inch adapter.
- This TPO 2-Inch LRS Crayford Focuser for RC Telescopes is custom CNC machined from aluminum and black anodized for superior aesthetics in a dependable and durable unit.
TPO 2" LRS Crayford Focuser for RC TelescopesThis 2-Inch Dual-Speed Linear Focuser by TPO is for Ritchey-Chretien telescopes features the most recent innovation in focuser design to hit the astronomy market in recent years. Designed specifically to meet the heavier equipment and stability requirements of astrophotography and heavy eyepieces, the linear stability and repeatable quality of focus reached with this focuser will keep you coming back for more spectacular views of and sharper images of the night sky!
Built with an innovative stainless steel rail system that provides extended, consistent, and linear contact with the focusing mechanism and the inside of the focuser body, even when the focuser is fully extended. This constant contact prevents slop from building up in the focuser drawtube. The result is zero flexure throughout the focus travel range, even in the worst case scenario when the focuser is parallel to the ground and carrying a heavy load such as a large CCD camera. This new linear bearing rail system also allows for the use of heavier loads up to 9 pounds.
A 10:1 fine adjustment knob gives the user superior fine-tuning ability with remarkable stability for an extended period of time. The focuser position can be locked in place with the large thumbscrew on top of the focuser for critical imaging applications. The underside of the focuser features another screw to control the focusing tension. A laser-etched measurement scale in the drawtube helps with consistently rapid focusing. This focuser also has 360 rotation ability so that it can be turned in any direction for better observing.
Compatible with 6-inch or 8-inch TPO (Third Planet Optics) 6-inch or 8-inch RC telescopes with a male thread on the rear. A silver ring with an M90x1 female thread is attached to the telescope end of this focuser. Custom CNC machined from aluminum and black anodized for superior aesthetics in a dependable and durable unit.
There are 2-inch extension tubes available separately to provide enough out-focus travel to reach focus with all of your eyepieces and accessories.
TPO 2-Inch LRS Crayford Focuser for RC Telescopes Specifications...
- Base flange knurled outer diameter: 3.78-inch (96 mm)
- Base flange thread: M90x1 female
- Minimum focuser height without 1.25-inch adapter and including flange: 3.5-inch (89 mm)
- Maximum focuser height without 1.25-inch adapter and including flange: 4.21-inch (107 mm)
- 1.25-inch adapter height: 0.39-inch
- Tube travel length: 2-inch
- Focuser weight with 1.25-inch adapter: 25.6 oz
- Outside diameter of drawtube: 2.32-inch
- Diameter of focus knob: 1.57-inch
- Diameter of microfocus knob: 1.06-inch
- Measurement scale on focuser drawtube: Yes
- Rotatable: Yes
- Dust plug: 1.25-inch dust plug included
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Can this focuser be modified to be used with a Celestron 6" Newtonian? If yes, what additional items would be required?
Unfortunately, this focuser will not work for a Newtonian as it ends with a 90mm (~3.5") female thread that would be too large for a 6" Newtonian even if there was an adapter that could connect it. A focuser made exclusively for Newtonian scopes would be
Hi, Would this focuser be fit on my Orion 8" Ritchey-Chretien Astrograph Telescope ? Thank you in advance.
Yes, the 8" Orion RC has the same rear M90x1 thread as the 8" TPO RC, so this focuser will fit both of them.
Will this focuser fit a Meade 203mm LX200 (Classic) SCT? Also how much does it weigh?
This focuser is meant to directly attach to the TPO RC telescopes, and uses a thread much larger than what one will find on an SCT. I would recommend, instead, taking a look at the OS-CFSCT, which will directly fit your telescope, and weighs in at about