QHY 10 Cooled Color CCD Telescope Camera
The QHY10 is a cooled one shot CCD camera that uses the Sony ICX493AQA 10 megapixel sensor as its light-gathering source. This APS-C sized sensor, with Super HAD technology, has a total pixel array of 3964 x 2712 and a pixel size of 6.05 micrometers.
Sony's Super HAD, or hole accumulation diode technology delivers sharper images with low thermal noise and superior color. The ICX493AQA sensor also offers higher dynamic range due to its large full well capacity. The pixels in this sensor are 6.05 micrometers square, but they can hold 45,000 electrons, twice as much as the color 8300 sensors with a pixel size of 5.4 micrometers. This means you can take longer exposures without signal saturation, your stars will be smaller, and colors will be more fully developed.
The QHY10 is a real cooled CCD camera and uses two-stage TEC to do the job. Temperatures can reach as low as -40 degrees C delta T below ambient. Combining this cooling technology with the aforementioned Super HAD technology gives you a clean and low noise image even when taking long exposures.
QHY10 Camera Specifications:
- Sensor: Sony Super HAD ICX493AQA
- Total Pixel Array: 3964 x 2712
- Active Pixel Array: 3900 x 2616
- Pixel Size: 6.02 micrometers x 6.02 micrometers
- Color Method: RGB Bayer Film on CCD
- Readout Noise: 8-10 e-
- System Gain: 0.7e-/ADU
- Full Well Capacity: 45,000 electrons
- Dynamic Range: 71dB
- Peak QE: 60% @ Green, 50% @ red & blue
- Binning Modes: 1x1,2x2,4x4
- Download Speed: 18 seconds/4 seconds for full image
- Preview Speed: 1 seconds for 4x4 binning image
- Microlensing: Yes
- ABG: -100dB
- 16bit ADC with CDS and Preamp
- Interface: USB 2.0
- Cooling: Two Stage TEC, Low power consumption
- Fan: Built-in, Active
- Max Delta: T=40 degrees below ambient
- Guide Port: Built-in RJ11 6-pin ST4 type guide port
- Fully Sealed: Yes
- Center and Tilt Adjustable construction
- Built-in temperature sensor
- Power Supply: DC201 DC Adapter with regulated TEC controller
- Length: 129 mm or 5.07 inches
- Diameter: 63 mm or 2.48 inches
- Weight: 14.1 ounces
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.