Optec FocusLynx Kit - Stellarvue - with Hand Control and w/o WiFi
This Optec FocusLynx Kit with Hand Control is a proven boon to anyone looking for a more precise and easier level of focus, and now it comes to Stellarvue's focusers as well! Bringing the astonishing ease of use and smooth precision of the FocusLynx to Stellarvue's high end focusers is a pleasure, and we're here to deliver exactly that.
The basic FocusLynx controller is a small, all aluminum case measuring 5 x 3 x 1-inches. On the bottom are well labeled connections for power, network, hand control, and serial cables. On top are two connectors for the focusers to be controlled. All cables are standard off-the-shelf cables with the exception of Optec's proprietary USB/Serial cable which is included in the package. Out-of-the-box, the FocusLynx controller will provide digital control for one focuser stepper motor. A second stepper board can be easily added to convert to dual focuser control. The FocusLynx system was built from the ground up to be fully compatible with ASCOM focuser standards and allows multiple connections from multiple ASCOM clients. That means you can connect up through the FocusLynx Commander (included), Maxim D/L, and FocusMax simultaneously without having to disconnect and reconnect. Automation programs like ACP, CCD AutoPilot, and CCD Commander can access the dual FocusLynx focusers with ease, regardless of the physical connection.
- Kit for enhancing Stellarvue Focusers with the FocusLynx Control System
- Fully compatible with ASCOM focuser standards
- Allows multiple simultaneous connections from multiple clients
Optec FocusLynx Focuser Hub: The FocusLynx Focuser Hub offers an easy way to simultaneously and independently control up to two Optec or Starlight focusers through a computer, smartphone, or hand control. Each focuser may be plugged into the hub using standard serial cables. The FocusLynx can then be connected to a computer via serial cable, Ethernet, or wireless network. Once connected, are ready to go! You can simply open up any focuser control program or Optec's proprietary FocusLynx Commander control software and you will be able to control each focuser the way you would without the hub. The FocusLynx Hand Controller plugs into the FocusLynx to allow telescope-side control of each focuser.
Optec QuickSync SV Motor (For Stellarvue 2.5-inch Focusers): This is a QuickSync SV FocusLynx Motor with built-in clutch mechanisms and temperature sensors, allowing both manual and motorized control with a simple twist of the motor housing. Not only is installation simple, but full compatibility with a FocusLynx Control Hub ensures that this is an ideal choice for motorizing a Feather Touch Focuser.
Optec QuickSync SV Motor (For Stellarvue 2.5-inch Focusers): Features and Specifications:
- Material: 6061 aluminum, anodized black with gold knob
- Length: 6.3-inches (160 mm)
- Width: 3.2-inches (81.4 mm)
- Weight: 6.4-ounses (180 g)
- Tools Required: 1/16-inch and 7/64-inch hex keys (included)
- Motor Cable: Standard Cat-5e or Cat-6 (6-feet in length, included)
- Connection to FocusLynx: Focuser 1 or Focuser 2 port- RJ45 socket
The FocusLynx Hand Control provides an easy, vibration-free method of focusing the telescope when using the FocusLynx Control Hub. Featuring IN and OUT buttons, a 2-line display, and Quick Sync synchronization capability. The FocusLynx Hand Control is a must-have option for any system where the operator may be at the telescope.
NEW! The FocusLynx Hand Control now includes an electronic Fine Focus Knob for greater control and tactile feedback while using eyepieces at the telescope. An embedded rotary encoder switch allows one-hand fine focus control while using an eyepiece. No need to move your eye away from the eyepiece - with this improvement the FocusLynx hand control provides simple, intuitive and precise control of the focus motor.
The FocusLynx Hand Control plugs into the Hand Controller port on the bottom of the FocusLynx Control Hub using the included telephone handset cord.
- Material: 6061 aluminum, anodized black
- Display: 2-line with Position and Temperature
- Buttons: IN, OUT, and MODE buttons
- Encoder: Rotary encoder with 1X, 10X, and 100X speeds
- Communications: SPI to FocusLynx Hub via MAX232 chip
- Length: 6.3-inch (160 mm)
- Width: 3.2-inch (81.4 mm)
- Thickness: 0.9-inch (22.7 mm)
- Weight: 6.4-ounches (180 g)
- Mounting: Stainless Steel hanging hook included
- Connection to FocusLynx: RJ22 plug labeled "Hand Controller"
- Recommended Cable: Telephone Handset Cable (25-feet and 6-feet lengths included)
- Firmware: V1.2.5 upgradeable with replacement 28-pin PIC chip
|Controller Type||FocusLynx Hub|
|Hand Controller included||Optec FocusLynx|
|Motor Type||Optec QuickSync SV Motor|