The Meade LX85 6-inch Newtonian Reflector Telescope has a powerful combination of portability and versatility. At just f/5 this is an ideal choice for the wide-field astrophotographer and includes an 8x50 viewfinder with a crosshair reticle, and 9 mm and 25 mm 1.25-inch Plossl eyepieces.
The LX85 German Equatorial Mount’s Vixen-style dovetail receiver is capable of supporting up to 33 pounds. of observing equipment, including an array of different optical tubes, while the sturdy build and low-cog servo motors ensure smooth tracking performance. In addition to handling slight load imbalances, this stable mount’s built-in integer gearing motor drive allows you to track through long exposures using the Smart Drive feature to record Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PPEC).
With the touch of a button, you will gain access to over 30,000 celestial objects and over four hours of educational content with the included AudioStar hand controller and AudioStar’s Astronomer Inside.
Meade LX85 6 Newtonian Reflector Telescope Features
- AudioStar Controller- controls the telescope to find and track any of over 30,000 celestial objects and gives you an audio guide of astronomical objects including planets, stars, constellations, clusters, nebula, galaxies and much more!
- Vixen-style Dovetail Receiver- capable of supporting up to 33 pounds of observing equipment and ensures smooth tracking performance.
- Built-in Integer Gearing Motor Drive- handles slight load imbalances with ease. Allows tracking through long exposures using the Smart Drive feature to record permanent periodic error correction (PPEC).
- Integrated Autoguider Port- readily connect your autoguider camera for an easy and straightforward astro-imaging experience.
- Power: 12V DC, 5Amp power supply (Included)
- This product is currently expected to be back in stock in late 2020, per the manufacturer.