Meade LX85 115mm f/7 Triplet APO Refractor Telescope
The Meade LX85 115mm APO’s optical design yields high-resolution images with great color-correction, contrast, and sharpness! This refractor’s optics coupled with its rigid, yet portable, GoTo German Equatorial Mount will have astroimagers of all levels on their way to chasing celestial objects at a great price!
This Triplet Apochromatic Refractor’s 3-element optical uses the highest grade, extra-low dispersion optical glass, virtually eliminating false color, producing optimal color correction, contrast, and sharpness. In addition to top-of-the-line optics, the LX85 115mm APO’S sturdy GoTo Mount will handle up to 33lbs of observing equipment, including an array of different optical tubes, while the sturdy build and low-cog servo motors ensures smooth tracking performance. In addition to handling slight load imbalances, this stable mount’s built-in integer gearing motor drive allows you to track through long exposures using the Smart Drive feature to record Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PPEC).
With the touch of a button, you will gain access to over 30,000 celestial objects and over four hours of educational content with the included AudioStar® hand controller and AudioStar®’s Astronomer Inside.
- 2.5" dual rack & pinion focuser- for ultra-fine focus control
- Multi-Coated Optics- produce sharp, high contrast images
- AudioStar Controller- controls the telescope to find and track any of over 30,000 celestial objects and gives you an audio guide of astronomical objects including planets, starts, constellations, clusters, nebula, galaxies and much more!
- Vixen-style Dovetail Receiver- capable of supporting up to 33lbs of observing equipment and ensures smooth tracking performance.
- Built-in Integer Gearing Motor Drive- handles slight load imbalances with ease. Allows tracking through long exposures using the Smart Drive feature to record permanent periodic error correction (PPEC).
- Integrated Autoguider Port- readily connect your autoguider camera for an easy and straightforward astro-imaging experience.
Smart Drive, or permanent periodic error correction, permits a professional level of drive-trate precision. The significant value of the Smart Drive is immediately appreciated during long-exposure astrophotography, where the resultant lower periodic error of the system enables improved tracking while minimizing guide corrections"
|Aperture||115 mm (4.5")|
|Camera/Eyepiece Connection||2" Nosepiece|
|Dawes Limit||1.01 arcseconds|
|Drive Type||Low Cog 12v DC Servo Motors|
|Focal Length||805 mm|
|Head Design||German Equatorial|
|Instrument Capacity||33 lbs|
|Light Gathering Power||270x|
|Mount Head Weight||10.8lbs|
|Power Consumption||12v 5a|
|Telescope Connection||Vixen Style|
|Total Weight||34.1 lbs|
|Tripod Weight||12.4 lbs|
|Tube Weight||12.2 lbs|