- Aperture: 12"
- Focal Ratio: f/10
- Focal Length: 3000mm
Meade 12" ACF LX90 Telescope
The Meade 12” ACF LX90 Telescope’s technologically superior optical design gives a flatter, and advanced coma-free field of view with pinpoint images all the way to the edge of the field. ACF is the perfect solution for the serious Astroimager or visual astronomer looking for reasonably priced observatory-class optics.
The LX90’s Advanced Coma-Free (ACF) optical system creates a flatter field, reduces astigmatism and eliminates diffraction spikes, bringing the highest level of optical performance at an affordable price to both advanced and amateur astronomers. In addition to top-of-the-line optics, the LX-90 also comes equipped with the AudioStar® Computer with Astronomer Inside, allowing you to not only find and track over 30,000 celestial objects, but to also experience a guided tour as you listen to audio content through its build-in speaker.
- GPS- Built-in Sony GPS sensor determines your precise date, time and location for precise alignment.
- 8X50 Viewfiner- quickly and easily locate and center deep sky objects.
- AudioStar Controller- controls the telescope to find and track any of over 30,000 celestial objects and gives you an audio guide of astronomical objects including planets, starts, constellations, clusters, nebula, galaxies and much more!
- Meade Ultra-High Transmission Coatings- increases total light transmission and image brightness by nearly 20% over Meade's standard coatings. Objects such as stars, galaxies and nebulae will appear significantly brighter.
- Oversized Primary Mirror - primary mirror is larger in diameters than its listed aperture listed aperture This additional 1/4-inch yields a wider, fully illuminated field-of-view, and allows you to see the light other telescopes leave behind.
- Smart Drive -Meade AudioStar provides Periodic Error Correction (in polar mode). Over the course of one or more training periods, your LX90 will minimize guiding corrections during long exposure astrophotography.
- Auto-Align- picks two alignment stars for you and places directly in your telescope’s viewfinder, which then allows you to center them and fine-tune your alignment.
- Rigid Cast Aluminum Fork Mount- the mounts two, sturdy fork arms give the LX90’s Optical Tube Assembly a solid platform for Astrophotography.
Advanced Coma-Free Optics (ACF)
Building from a classic RC design, Meade created a new design with coma-free pinpoint star images and flatter field. The ACF design reduces astigmatism and eliminates dffraction spikes found in classical RCs. TheACF is the perfect plattfor for the demanding researcher and imaging enthusiast with telescopes available in aperture of 6-inches, 8-inches,10-inches, 12-inches, 14-inches, and 16-inches
Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC)
Specialized Multi-layered coating that are preciesely designed to improve the performance of your telescopes optics. You'll see brighter star clusters, more fine details in nebulas, and more surface features on planets with UHTC than without. Averaged over the entire visible spectrum, total light transmission to the focus increases by 15%.
|Aperture||305 mm (12")|
|CD ROMs Included||AutoStar Suite|
|Diagonal Included||1.25" Star Diagonal|
|Exterior Color||Meade Crackle Blue Matte|
|Hand Controller included||Yes|
|Mount Type||Alt Azimuth/ GoTo|
|Objects in Database||30000 Objects|
|Optical Design||Modified SCT|
|OTA Mount Type||Dual Fork Arms|
|OTA Outer Diameter||14"|
|Telescope Series||Meade LX90|
|Tripod Type Included||Adjustable with Steel Legs|
|Warranty||1 Year Warranty|
- Meade 12" LX90-ACF UHTC Telescope
- Variable Height Standard Field Tripod
- 8X50 Finderscope
- 1.25" Diagonal Prism
- Series 4000 Super Plossl 26mm Eyepiece (1.25")
- AutoStar Suite Software
- AudioStar Controller
- Instruction Manual
Having issues at this moment and have contacted Opt and Meade and hopefully this can be fixed without having to ship this new product back??
Optics seem great! But Audio star system is not working properly! Declination motor will not shut off during auto alignment and have reset and performed procedures as in the manual but still not operating properly??
A beast of a telescope!!!
I have had this telescope for little over a year and i have to say the views from this scope are amazing!!! i have loved owning this scope since day one!!!
Trade up to LX90 12"
It was great. I'm looking forward to wearing my OPT tshirt to our Astronomy club's meeting.