iOptron new AZ Mount Pro (with Tripod)
There are few words when describing the iOptron new AZ Mount Pro (with Tripod) set up: "level and go". Using its built-in precision level indicator, the operator simply levels the mount and turns on the power; this capable computerized alt-azimuth telescope mount takes it from there. Utilizing the on board 32 channel GPS receiver and built-in position and angular detection sensors; the AZ mount Pro calculates its global position as well as the telescope orientation. Automatically the mount slews the instrument to an easily identifiable bright object in the night sky. The user need only confirm a bright object is in the center of the view, to activate tracking and GOTO functionality.
- On board rechargeable lithium ion battery for up to 10 hours of use
- 33 lb primary payload and 10 lb secondary payload capacity, with a mount weighing only 13 lb
- Whisper quiet low-power consumption stepper motors
- Go2Nova 8407 hand controller featuring 212K+ object library with an 8-line illuminated LCD screen
- Zero backlash driver system
- Built-in Wi-Fi adapter for full ASCOM, iOptron Commander and Sky Safari wireless control
- Serial port for computer control and firmware upgrades
- Retractable counter weight shaft
- Position memorization at power interruption
- Die-cast aluminum body
- 3-Point easy level adjustment n tripod
- 6-inch dual dovetail saddle (Losmandy/Vixen styles)
- Stands a mere 10 inches tall (mount head only)
- Built-in 32-channel GPS receiver
- Automatic position and angular detection sensors
- Aluminum Hard Case
- 1X 10 lb counterweight included
- 2-inch heavy duty stainless steel tripod included
- Two year limited warranty (90 day for battery)
- Optional pier/ Tri-pier
OPT Product Number: IO-8900
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Hi I want to use the mount with a h alpha solar telescope. How Can I make alignment during the day ? Thanks Sam
The process is described on Pg 16 of the manual here: http://www.ioptron.com/v/Manuals/8900_AZMP_Manual.pdf. Basically, you just hit enter when it asks you to center a star (since any star besides the sun cannot be seen) and then you follow the commands
What will be a good OTA to go with this mount?
The answer to that depends on your observing preferences, but you can put telescopes up to 33 lbs on the main side and up to 13 lbs on the secondary saddle. This means SCTs up to 11", refractors up to 5" (though the longer ones may have issues hitting th
Are the inbuilt batteries easy ti replace when they loose charge and how much is the new battery?
Hello, with normal wear and tear, they should last several hundred life cycles. If they do malfunction, contact the manufacturer and they will recommend a solution. Batteries have a 90 day warranty. Tony
So will this mount work with a CGE mount plate?
Yes, the included saddle will work with a CGE/D-series plate and has an inset for a CG5/V-series plate.
I have two questions actually. 1. Even though it has a internal battery, can it also be powered by an external battery such as a Powertank? 2. I plan on using this mount with a Vixen ED103S refractor. Will I need a pier extension to avoid having the sco
Sure thing... 1) Any 12VDC battery can be used as a 'backup'. The charging input is meant to work with the included 12V/2A AC-adapter. It "wouldn't know the difference" if you had a PowerTank plugged in instead. Just be sure the external battery is onl
Hi, What is the weight of the entire setup, tripod, mount and counterweight. Thanks.
According to the manufacturer, here are the weights for the individual parts: Mount head: 13 lbs Tripod: 18 lbs Counterweights: 10 lbs