iOptron AZ Mount Pro (with Tripod)
There are few words when describing the iOptron AZ Mount Pro (with Tripod) set up: "level and go". Using its built-in precision level indicator, the operator simply levels the mount and turns on the power; this capable computerized alt-azimuth telescope mount takes it from there. Utilizing the on board 32 channel GPS receiver and built-in position and angular detection sensors; the AZ mount Pro calculates its global position as well as the telescope orientation. Automatically the mount slews the instrument to an easily identifiable bright object in the night sky. The user need only confirm a bright object is in the center of the view, to activate tracking and GOTO functionality.
- On board rechargeable lithium ion battery for up to 10 hours of use
- 33 lb primary payload and 10 lb secondary payload capacity, with a mount weighing only 13 lb
- Whisper quiet low-power consumption stepper motors
- Go2Nova 8407 hand controller featuring 212K+ object library with an 8-line illuminated LCD screen
- Zero backlash driver system
- Built-in Wi-Fi adapter for full ASCOM, iOptron Commander and Sky Safari wireless control
- Serial port for computer control and firmware upgrades
- Retractable counter weight shaft
- Position memorization at power interruption
- Die-cast aluminum body
- 3-Point easy level adjustment n tripod
- 6-inch dual dovetail saddle (Losmandy/Vixen styles)
- Stands a mere 10 inches tall (mount head only)
- Built-in 32-channel GPS receiver
- Automatic position and angular detection sensors
- Aluminum Hard Case
- 1X 10 lb counterweight included
- 2-inch heavy duty stainless steel tripod included
- Two year limited warranty (90 day for battery)
- Optional pier/ Tri-pier
OPT Product Number: IO-8900
|Instrument Capacity||33 lbs|
Easiest mount to run.
The mount is light weight and extremely portable with the carrycase Setup is fairly easy. The biggest key is leveling at each step. Level the tripod, level the mount,add your gear and do a final level. After that the mount basically runs itself through alignment. I wish they made something like this in an inexpensive equitorial mount. Great mount for visual, planetary imaging and outreach Definitely recommend this mount
Great mount but requires a bit of mechanical tuning...
I originally gave this mount a 5-star rating but felt I needed to provide an update now that I have owned it for a couple of months. Just want to say upfront, I love this mount when it works. It is an excellent mount for Lunar/Solar photography and visual viewing. Go-To slews are dead on when you level and balance correctly. However, my mount developed a clunk noise while tracking and a squeaking noise while slewing. While tracking, the mount would jump and make the clunk noise. While slewing in altitude the mount would make a squeaking noise. I contacted iOptron support and promptly received the instructions for adjusting the worm gear tension. I had to loosen the tension on both altitude and azimuth to get the mount tracking smoothly and not do the clunk noise. When I had the covers off to make the adjustment I notice the altitude worm wheel gear had very little lubrication and that is why it squeaked while slewing. I contacted iOptron support about the worm wheel lubrication but did not receive a reply. I cleaned the worm wheel gear and applied a small amount of a high quality all temperature lubricant. The mount now slews and tracks smoothly. It is a great mount but mine did require some adjustments and maintenance brand new out of the box.
Ultra-portable ALT/AZ mount
Shipping was fast from OPT. The iOptron AZ Mount Pro is a dream to use. Just level the Tripod, install the very light-weight mount, turn it on and answer some hand-controller questions and stand back. The mount provides very accurate GO-TO’s and tracking over several hours was right on. Would definitely buy again.
This is the best mount for my purposes. It is very accurate and very steady with a Celestron 8 inch SCT as well as the much longer and heavier TV-101 (you will need to purchase the mini-pier to use a long OTA to prevent it from hitting the tripod). Very light and easy to manage. Wish I had purchased a long time ago!
Incredibly easy to use! Easy to move and setup.
I'm using it with a iOptron Mak. Very stable. You power it on, it does it's calibration routine, points to a bright object, asks you to center it, and that's it! Very friendly. A very good first impression. Comes with a case for the mount head.