- Mount, CCD Camera, and Observatory control
- Image Calibration, Stacking, and Processing
- Plate Solving (Auto Alignment)
- Auto Focus
- Fully Automated Imaging Sessions
- Compatible with Windows 7, 8, or 10
Hyperion Astronomy Prism Astrophotography Software
Whether you're a novice or an advanced astro-imager, Prism Pro is an all-inclusive software program that provides the ideal solution for all your astro imaging needs. Developed over 20 years, Prism Pro can control either a portable telescope or a fixed observatory. All of your devices are controlled by native code or the ASCOM interface.
Prism Pro features a fully integrated planetarium Sky Chart, allowing you to design your observing sessions using a variety of both star and deep sky object catalogs. It supports most CCD cameras and Canon DSLRs, making capturing images a simple task. Prism Pro also comes with features like autofocusing and auto-centering where other astronomy programs do not.
Prism Pro has a completely automatic observation function that does it all for you including opening the dome or roof, camera cooling, and image capture. It will also warm up the camera, park the telescope, and shut the roof or dome. It will even keep an eye on your weather station or cloud sensor to assure that you'll be able to observe as much as possible with your imaging system.
Following capture, Prism will calibrate, stack and fully process your images. Advanced tools provide easy identification of your finest images. Advanced tools for photometry as well as asteroids and comets are also included.
Polar alignment is a simple procedure accomplished using the King or Drift methods. Plus, Prism's pointing model capability will make sure your mount is never off-target.
Prism Pro also features a robust, user-friendly scripting language which allows you to write your own scripts for sequences or processing functions.
Capable of running two simultaneous telescopes and guiding at the same time, the advanced version is capable of cosmetic and scientific imaging. Packed with professional observatory functions, it will provide the user with the ultimate all-in-one software available to amateurs today. This version contains all the features included in both the Lite and Professional versions as well.
Custom-tailored solution for the demanding astronomer, the professional version drives your entire observatory with arcsecond accuracy night after night with reliability and high repeatability. The included powerful automation simplifies the most daunting tasks so one can focus on what is most important. This version contains all the features available in the Lite version.
A mobile imaging setup requires a matching flexible software solution. Equipped with a detailed sky-chart, imaging, guiding, focusing and plate solving and pre-processing capabilities, the Lite version is the perfect companion in the field.
|Adaptive Optics Control||Y||Y||N|
|Automatic Asteroid and Comet Discovery||Y||Y||N|
|Automatic Imaging Multiple Targets||Y||Y||N|
|AVI File Processing||Y||Y||Y|
|Batch File Processing||Y||Y||N|
|Canon DSLR Support||Y||Y||Y|
|CCD Camera Characterization||Y||N||N|
|Cloud Sensor Integration||Y||Y||N|
|Download DSS Images||Y||Y||Y|
|Easy Image Sequence Capture||Y||Y||Y|
|Embed images into Sky Map||Y||Y||Y|
|Find Scope Anywhere||Y||Y||N|
|Find Scope Position – All Sky||Y||Y||Y|
|Imaging Limiting Magnitude||Y||Y||N|
|Observatory Startup and Shutdown||Y||Y||N|
|Telescope Optics Testing||Y||Y||N|
|Periodic Error Correction (PEC)||Y||Y||N|
|Polar Alignment Assistance||Y||Y||Y|
|Scientific Camera Control (FLI, SBIG, QSI, ASCOM)||3||2||1|
|Select Best Images||Y||Y||Y|
|Simultaneous Wide Field & High-Resolution Imaging||Y||N||N|
|Sky Background Measuring||Y||Y||N|
|Supernova Image comparison||Y||N||N|
|Tracking Error Charts||Y||Y||Y|
One Stop Shop
Prism is a standalone program that requires no external software to operate flawlessly. There is no longer a need for specific programs for autofocusing, guiding, or plate solving. Prism can do it all.
Easy Setup and OperationYou can set up your imaging equipment with Prism very easily and quickly. some of the most useful tools include:
- Polar alignment: Use the conventional or King drift method for extreme accuracy.
- Focal length retrieval: your scope's focal length can be easily found using plate
- solving. Which is particularly useful for Maksutov and SCT telescopes
- Hardware profiles for the equipment that you use the most
- Easy to view/control equipment tabs the GUI experience
Prism can control your entire imaging hardware night after night. With a fully featured automatic observation tool you can:
- Operate your supported power strip to turn on individual receptacles ( IP camera, mount, cameras, focuser, etc..).
- Automatic startup and shutdown
- Automatic sky flats (Dusk and Dawn)
- Autofocusing with advanced star magnitude retrieval
- Plate solving: local and blind ( Astrometry.net as a failover)
- Advanced target selection algorithm where western targets are imaged first
- Dome or Roll off observatory Control
- Automatic shutdown routines when clouds are detected (cloud sensor sold separately)
- Automatic meridian flips
- Smart cooling and warming: stairwell temperature operation for maximum CCD/CMOS protection
- Automatic FTP file Uploads for remote observatories
- Email notifications of session success or possible errors
Some of the advanced features are:
- Automatic prescan subtraction
- CCD Testing: Linearity, transfer efficiency, readout noise, dark current, Quantum efficiency, pixel to pixel correlation (Crosstalk), and more
- Turbulence image optimization
- Centroid calculation to 1/100th of a pixel
- Optical quality checks: Four corner image reduction, tip/tilt measurements
- Photometry: batch processing of file to identify moving objects (comets, asteroids) or fixed objects (exoplanet transits, variable stars)
- Atmospheric seeing calculations
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.