FLI MicroLine ML16803 Monochrome CCD Camera with 63.5mm Shutter
Goodbye Goliath! MicroLine CCD cameras are smaller and lighter-weight than the competition, but outperforms them in key areas such as noise, frame quality, download speeds, bit-depth, and CCD cooling. FLI MicroLine CCD cameras feature fast download speeds that simply leave the competition behind. Each component of the FLI MicroLine camera is designed and manufactured for a long life in the most demanding conditions. All major components are CNC machined and you're looking at only the highest quality electrical components and circuit boards with logo, serial number and focal plane indicators laser-etched on the surface - not printed. FLI designed photo-etched stainless-steel shutters are field-serviceable should they ever encounter damage and the sensor is hermetically sealed from dust and moisture. What sets FLI MicroLine CCD Cameras apart is their small form factor. At 3.7 x 3.7 x 5 inches (HWL), the FLI MicroLine is a small camera with big camera capabilities! The Microline improves upon the highly successful FLI MaxCam design in a number of key areas including cooling, download speeds, clear aperture, and sensor capability.
ÂNow, let's talk about FLI MicroLine CCD Camera Cooling... The FLI MicroLine's robust cooling design achieves a sustainable cooling performance of 50-55 deg C below ambient. The camera's CCD can be operated at -30 deg C with typical room temperatures and without the need for water cooling (sold as a separate option, visit the Accessories section for a list of choices) or special cooling sequences. Simply set the MicroLine cooling where you want it and the camera will do the rest quickly and worry-free.Â Conventional imaging cameras move the image data directly from the image sensor to the USB port, making them susceptible to added artifacts due to PC processing tasks, processor speed, and other PC-related issues. The MicroLine avoids these issues with its internal frame buffer, thus allowing an image to be quickly read out and downloaded to the PC. This allows the PC to take the image at whatever speed it is capable of without introducing any artifacts to the image.
When it comes the FLI MicroLine, you get system compatibility and mounting options as well as mechanical shutter, liquid cooling, and Anti-Dew Technology options that will help you trick out your camera the way you want it. The MicroLine line of CCD cameras is compatible with all FLI imaging accessories, including the Precision line of Color Filter Wheels and Digital Focusers. MicroLine camera adapters are available for microscope, telescope and machine vision connectivity. Scroll down for a list of available time-of-purchase options for this camera model and sensor combination.
- Storage temperature range: -50 deg C to +100Â degÂ C - Operation temperature range: -40Â degÂ C to +50Â degÂ C - Relative humidity operating range: 95%
- Heavy weight performance in a 2.8 lbs package with Liquid and Air Cooled bases
- RBI Annihilator Standard and AR Coated Windows
- Video mode with interline sensors and Small Footprint (3.7 x 3.7 x 5in.)
- Power requirements: 12V - Reaches operating temperatures in 5 minutes!
- Ideal for X-ray Applications, Astronomical Imaging, Scientific Imaging, Medical Applications, and Forensic Applications.
About the Kodak KAF-16803 Sensor:
Utilizing Kodak's proprietary single gate ITO process and micro-lens technology, the KAF-16803 image sensor with its large imaging area and small pixel size provides the sensitivity, resolution and contrast necessary for high quality digital radiographs. To simplify device integration, the KAF-16803 image sensor uses the same pin-out and package as the KAF-16801E image sensor.
Kodak KAF-16803 Imaging Sensor Features:
- High Resolution - Large Image Area - High Quantum Efficiency
- Low Noise Architecture - Broad Dynamic Range
- Digital radiography, Astronomy and Life Sciences Applications
- Horizontal Outputs 1 - Saturation Signal 100 K e- - Output Sensitivity 22 V/e-
- Dark Signal (T=25Â degÂ C) 3 e/pix/sec - Dark Current Doubling Temperature 6.3Â degÂ C
- Linear Dynamic Range (f=4 MHz, T=25 C) - 80 dB - Blooming Protection (4ms exposure time) > 100X saturation exposure - Maximum Data Rate 10 MHz
Available Options For This FLI MicroLine Camera System...Â
- Anti-Dew Technology (ADT) Option - Available for all Microline cameras with the 63.5mm shutter. In most environments, the temperature of camera window will be above the dew point. In some cases dew may form on the outside of the camera window due to the combination of high humidity, ambient temperature and the window temperature. The ADT corrects this problem, allowing for operation in very humid environments.
- Standard Liquid Cooling Option: For applications that require the ultimate in cooling and/or require heat dissipation to occur away from the camera body.
- Liquid Cooling Option with Double Shut-Off: For applications that require the ultimate in cooling and/or require heat dissipation to occur away from the camera body but with the added feature of double-shut off valves.
- Liquid Cooling Option with Dry Disconnect: For applications that require the ultimate in cooling and/or require heat dissipation to occur away from the camera body but with the added feature of dry disconnect valves.
If you would like any of the options listed in the above information, please either click on the links and then add your choices to your shopping cart, or visit the Accessories section to see a full list of options. If you aren't sure which options are best for your set-up, please feel free to contact us by email or phone at 1-800-483-6287 and we will be happy to put together a custom package just for you! Thank you.
FLI Product Number: ML16803
|Camera Series||FLI Microline|
|Front or Back Illumination||Front|
|Pixel Array||4096 x 4096|
|Pixel Size||9 microns|
|Sensor Design||Full Frame|
|Sensor Manufacturer||Truesense formerly Kodak|
|Single or Dual Sensor||Single|
|Warranty||1 Year Warranty|