The Daystar Camera Quark:
This CAMERA QUARK turns your CANON style SLR lens into a Hydrogen Alpha Solar Telescope! CHROMOSPHERE MODEL - for CANON
Turns ordinary Canon style SLR lenses into a Hydrogen Alpha Solar Telescope.
It can be used with a camera or an eyepiece or any Quark / telescope industry accessories.
Use zoom features of camera lenses to explore wide field to high power views without changing set-up or telescope configuration.
Other Quarks also available in Cannon or Nikon / Chromosphere or Prominence!
Daystar has done it again, providing a series of highly effective and efficient filters for use with your Cannon or Nikon SLR or DSLR cameras! This Quark utilizes an 'All in One' design that efficiently combines the highest quality components and the purposes of a telecentric Barlow, adapters, snouts and Daystar hydrogen alpha filter into one simple camera lens assembly. This marvel of efficiency and optimization allows you to experience the known high quality optics of Daystar on an ordinary telephoto camera lens.
Depending on which option you choose, this remarkable Quark can be used with either a Cannon or Nikon SLR lens to transform your camera into a Hydrogen Alpha Telescope, perfect for imaging a wide variety of Solar Phenomena in stunning color- from prominence flares to an Eclipse like the one in August of 2017! You can use the zoom features of a camera lens to explore wide field to high power views without changing your set-up or telescope configuration- making solar imaging a breeze when using this Quark! Safe and convenient, this is truly an exemplary choice for anyone looking to take their Nikon or Cannon photography to the next level, and capture the star that gives us all warmth and life in photographic immortality.
Depending on your imaging goals, there are two variants for each type of Camera; Chromosphere or Prominence. Each is of a different bandwidth, optimized for a different kind of solar viewing. Neither is better or worse than the other, merely optimized for a different purpose and goal. The Chromosphere variant is optimized for viewing the surface of the sun in maximum detail, using a narrower filter bandwidth to provide greater detail and definition of the suns surface. Meanwhile the Prominence filter is optimized for the very target it is named after; it is perfect for capturing a wide range of solar prominence's- due to variable speed and mass also come in a variable range of wavelength. The Prominence filter uses a wider bandwidth to capture more solar prominence's of a wide variety, and sacrifices surface detail for this goal.
Owners can view using their SLR or DSLR camera or an eyepiece. The Camera Quark accepts all of the universal Quark accessories so it may be used as a telescope with an eyepiece. Plus, you can use the zoom features of your camera lens to explore wide field to high power views without changing set-up or telescope configuration.The patent pending Quark contains a custom Daystar Instruments 4.2x telecentric Barlow teleconverter lens which has been fully optimized in coatings and optical design specifically for the Hydrogen Alpha wavelength. This highly specialized telecentric lens offers superior field flatness, and the fully optimized design eliminates the need for any adapters. It's all combined in one lightweight device. As an added bonus, due to improved efficiency and design, the Quark can now operate all day with an optional and small palm-sized battery pack.
OPT Product Number Selections:
This one is--> Canon Chromosphere #DF-DSZTCC
These are the others:
- Nikon Chromosphere #DF-DSZTNC
- Canon Prominence #DF-DSZTCP
- Nikon Prominence #DF-DSZTNP
- The Chromosphere variant is optimized for viewing the surface of the sun in maximum detail, while the Prominence filter is optimized for capturing a wide range of solar prominences.
- Canon style bayonet mount for snap-lock mounting to selected lens type.
- Comes standard with corresponding Canon style camera body adapter.
- Requires USB power, 5V 1.5Amp.
- Includes reversible combination lens foot with 1/4-20 tripod holes and standard Vixen style dovetail mount for telescope mounts.
- Includes 90-240V AC wall adapter with international plug adapters.
- Includes additional focal extender spacer ring to ensure compatibility with a wide variety of lenses.
- Includes 1.25" drawtube adapter.
- Tuning knob allows wing shifting +/- 0.5Å with detents at every 0.1Å
- LED indicator for power, warming, ready, fault.
- 5 year Manufacturer's warranty.
- Integrated, fully baffled telecentric 4.2X teleconverter (Barlow) optimized for 656nm
- Full disk viewing possible on lenses up to ~450mm focal length lenses
- Ships in convenient Twist-Case for safe, dust-free storage.
- Daystar recommends use of red, orange or yellow colored glass lens front filters such as Cokin, Hoya brand, etc or similar on lenses above 80mm in aperture.
- Focus and clearances not guaranteed for 100% of Canon style lenses.
Does not support auto-focus or electronic aperture control. No electronic pass-through.
- Camera body, diagonal, lens, and mount pictured are for demonstration purposes only and not included.