Used Meade 14" LX200 GPS w/UHTC - SOLD
- This is a used telescope in very good condition
- Large aperture delivers breathtaking views
- Over a 100,000 object data base
- Super sturdy field tripod
Used Meade 14" LX200 GPS w/UHTC - SOLDThe most widely used research telescope on earth. Meade's LX200-GPS brings large aperture optics within reach of aspiring astronomers everywhere. Now you can own similar optics to what the professionals use. The Meade LX200-14" telescope includes all the field-proven features of the smaller LX200 including GPS, Primary Mirror Lock, Oversized Primary Mirror, SmartDrive; Smart Mount, AutoStar II and more. The Meade LX200-14"is the biggest news in astronomy since, well, the LX200.
Meade 14" f/10 LX200 Telescope Features
- Meade Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC) increases total light transmission and image brightness by nearly 20% over Meade's standard coatings. Objects such as stars, galaxies and nebulae will appear significantly brighter.
- Primary Mirror Lock locks the mirror in place during long-exposure astrophotography.
- Oversize Primary Mirror diameters are greater than their listed aperture (e.g., the diameter of the 8" LX200-ACF is actually 8.25"). This additional 1/4" yields a wide, fully illuminated field-of-view.
- Smart Mount constantly refines pointing accuracy each time an object is centered and updated. Compatible with both equatorial and altazimuth mounts.
- Smart Drive provides permanent periodic error correction (PPEC) on both axes by learning and averaging error over the course of one or more training periods, thereby minimizing guiding corrections during long-exposure photographs. PPEC is available on both axes and functions in both polar and altazimuth modes.
- Sony GPS Receiver Sensor automatically inputs precise time, date, and geographical location to help quickly and precisely align the telescope.
- AutoAlign - Telescopes with Meade's AutoAlign come pre-aligned. They are smart scopes that know the night sky right out of the box. AutoAlign picks two fail-proof alignment stars for you and places them right in your view-finder. Just center to fine tune your alignment and the wonders of the universe are at your fingertips.
- AutoStar II controller features "Hot Keys" for quick access to a 145,000 celestial object database. AutoStar II can be updated with the latest software upgrades, guided tours and timely objects like comets.
The Meade LX200-14" telescope brings large aperture optics within reach of aspiring astronomers everywhere. The Meade LX200-14" combines field-proven mechanical features of the original Meade LX200 - the most widely used research-grade telescope in astronomy today. Dr. Clay Sherrod says: I personally know many amateur astronomers using LX200's out-of-the-box (new ones and old ones) to provide research data to professionals around the world. One friend of mine used his 14" LX200 to discover binary asteroids using light curves. It's remarkable stuff that only the pros could do before.
|Eyepiece(s)||26mm Series 4000 Super Plossl|
|Finder Included||8 x 50 Optical Finder|
|Hand Controller Included||AutoStar II|
|Mount Type||Computerized GoTo|
|Objects in Database||Over 145000|
|Optical Coatings||Meade UHTC|
|OTA Outer Diameter||16"|
|OTA Weight||57.79 lbs.|
|Power Source||(Optional) 12v DC 5 amp Meade Universal Power Supply|
|Telescope Aperture||356 mm (14")|
|Telescope Focal Length||3556mm|
|Telescope Focal Ratio||f/10|
- Fork-mounted 14" f/10 telescope
- Heavy-duty field tripod
- Autostar II controller
- 8X50 finderscope
- Zero image-shift electric focuser
- 2" enhanced diagonal
- 26mm Super Plossl eyepiece
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Is there an accessory available that will allow a DSLR to be attached piggyback to the optical tube?
Yes, there is a piggyback mount that Celestron makes for this. It is called a Universal Piggyback Mount and our part number for is CE-93609.
What is the secondary mirror obstruction by area of the Meade ACF LX200 F/10 14" ?
The obstruction of the of the secondary by area is 12.4%.