- NexStar 130 mm (5.12 Inch) Newtonian Reflector Telescope
- Focal Ratio: f/5; Focal Length: 650 mm
- NexStar+ Hand Controller Included!
- Computerized NexStar Mount
- Quick and Easy No-tool Set-up!
Celestron NexStar 130SLT Computerized Telescope
Designed to be an affordable entry level to mid-level computerized GoTo telescope, the Celestron NexStar Star Locating Telescope (SLT) refractors and reflectors are available in the most popular sizes and are loaded with valuable design features. With pre-assembled, adjustable stainless steel tripods, and quick release fork arms and tubes, NexStar SLT telescopes can be set up in a matter of minutes, with no tools required! You can see details of the lunar surface, Venus and its phases, Mars resolved as an orange disc, Jupiter and its four Galilean moons, Saturn with its rings plainly visible, and much more! You'll love the versatility and capability of this great little comet hunting scope.
Powered by 8 AA user supplied batteries or an optional AC adapter (#CE-18773) these Celestron NexStar GoTos love to travel. The internal battery compartment provides power to the high precision servo motors for rigid low-vibration performance while eliminating cord wrap issues associated with external battery packs. With the NexStar's ergonomically-designed hand control, the user is free to remove the hand control from its holder for remote use or leave it cradled for hands-free operation. With a touch of a button, you can select the object catalog, change the slew speed, view fascinating information about an object, or simply know if the desired object is visible in the sky.
At the heart of the Celestron Next Star 130 SLT is a quality 130 mm Newtonian Reflector telescope with an aperture of 5 Inches, a focal ratio of f/5, and a focal length of 650 mm, this telescope also features multi-coated, high-quality Celestron optics, and a rack and pinion style focuser. The whole system (including the drive and computer units) weighs only 18 pounds!
Celestron's most affordable NexStar telescope turns starry nights into space odysseys. The 130mm reflectors come with a fully computerized hand control with a database of over 4,000 celestial objects. With its pre-assembled, adjustable steel tripod, the Celestron NexStar 130 SLT can be up and ready to use in a matter of minutes. Our new SkyAlign alignment technology and the included StarPointer Finderscope with a red LED makes aligning a breeze. With a NexStar 130, you can see breathtaking views of our solar system, you can also add beautiful star clusters, comets to chase, and distant galaxies and you have a tool you'll use for many, many years to come!
With Celestron's Revolutionary SkyAlign technology, aligning your telescope is easier and faster than ever. Simply input the date, time, and your location (the CPC models have built-in GPS that does this for you), and then align the telescope to any three bright stars of your choosing. You do not need to know the names of the stars, you could even pick the moon or bright planets! The NexStar Computer system will automatically figure out which objects were chosen and then align the telescope. There is no need to point the telescope North or to level the optical tube, the initial position of the telescope is irrelevant. This makes for a fast and very easy method for aligning the telescope.
Celestron NexStar 130 SLT - 5 Inch Reflecting Telescope on a GoTo Mount Features
- A high-quality 130 mm Newtonian Reflector Telescope on a Fully computerized Altazimuth mount.
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects.
- Quick-release fork arm mount, optical tube, sturdy stainless steel tripod and accessory tray for quick no-tool set-up.
- Includes CD-ROM with The Sky astronomy software which provides education about the sky and provides printable sky maps.
- Proven NexStar computer control technology with a database which allows the telescope to locate over 4,000 celestial objects.
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process.
- Flash upgradeable software for the hand control and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet.
- Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use and an auxiliary port for additional accessories such as a GPS accessory.
- Includes NSOL telescope control software for basic control of your telescope via computer (with optional RS-232 cable).
- Compatible with optional NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer.
OPT Product Number: CE-31145
- NexStar SLT Newtonian Reflector, 130 mm OTA
- NexStar Quick-release Computerized Single Fork Arm Altazimuth Mount
- NexStar Sturdy Tripod with Adjustable Steel Legs
- NexStar+ Hand Controller
- Accessory Tray/ Spreader
- StarPointer Finderscope/ red dot
- 1.25 Inch Eyepiece 1: 25 mm/ 26x mag.
- 1.25 Inch Eyepiece 2: 9 mm/ 72x mag.
- Software on CD ROM: TheSky, First Light
- 2 Year Telescope Warranty
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
I want to know how to contact hand controller and computer
First, you will need Celestron's RS232 cable (CE-93920). The cable has a phone-style jack at one end (for connecting to the hand control) and a serial connection (DB9) at the other (for connecting to your PC). If your computer does not have a serial port,
Can I use external GPS at celestron nexstar slt130 telescope
According to Celestron, the CE-93969 SkySync GPS will work for all current computerized Celestron telescopes, including the SLT 130. http://www.optcorp.com/ce-93969-skysync-gps-accessory-all-computerized-celestron-models.html
i have just purchased the nexstar 130 slt but my hand controller button descriptions do not do not equate to the controller shown in tne manual my controller has no marked buttons for planets, undo, or info my controller has sky tour back and in the botto
It is likely that your telescope has the new Nexstar + hand controller rather than the older model. here is a short manual listing some differences with your new controller; http://www.nexstarsite.com/download/manuals/NexStar+Addendum.pdf. For Planets,