Atik 314L+ Cooled Color CCD Camera
Known as the gold standard in medium resolution cooled astronomy cameras...This Atik 314L+ CCD Camera has a Sony ICX285AL Color Sensor.
The ATIK 314L+ camera is based on the highly successful ATIK 3 platform, which features state-of-the-art technology for supreme performance and ease-of-use. In addition it has full set point temperature regulation to make taking matching dark frames a snap.
A result of extensive research and development, the ATIK 3 platform's benefits include:
- USB2 performance for ultra-fast download speeds
- 1 Megapixel/second readout, or 2 Megapixel/second in preview mode
- Advanced electronics provide best-in-the-field readout noise characteristics
- Lightweight cases put less stress on your focuser
- Compact and symmetrical camera design allows use with fork mounts, as well as Starizona's Hyperstar system
- Low power consumption: 12V, 0.8A means longer imaging sessions in the field
- Highly efficient set point thermoelectric cooling: Will cool to 27-degrees C below ambient temperature
- Software-controlled cooling switch for automated operation
- The 314L+ features an ST-4-Compatible port and can be used as a guide camera as well as an imager
Like its brother the ATIK 314E, this camera draws on all the advantages of this popular and highly successful platform. However, the ATIK 314L+ incorporates an exceptional Sony ICX285AL ExView 1391 x 1039 sensor with larger 6.45 micrometer pixels, making it suitable for use on a wide range of telescopes.
Readout noise is typically 4 electrons Read Noise making this an extremely sensitive camera, and data download takes only 1.8s for a full-frame readout, or 0.9s in preview mode. The camera weighs only 400 g (0.88-pounds.)
The highly acclaimed Capture software is included for camera control and data acquisition, and plug-ins are included to allow use with Astroart, CCDSoft, and MaximDL.
System requirements: Pentium II PC with 64MB RAM, Windows 98/XP/Vista, CD-ROM drive, and USB 2.0 port.
Atik 314L+ CCD Camera - Sony ICX285AL Color Sensor Features:
- Camera body with 1.25-inch adapter
- 3 meter USB cable
- 1.8 meter battery power connector (with car lighter plug)
- CD-ROM with drivers, software and user manual (PDF)
- Quick start guide (printed)
About The Sony ICX285AL Interline CCD Chip:The Sony ICX285AL is a diagonal 11 mm (Type 2/3) interline CCD solid-state image sensor with a square pixel array. High sensitivity and low smear are achieved through the adoption of EXview HAD CCD technology. Progressive scan allows all pixel signals to be output independently within approximately 1/15-second. Also, the adoption of a high frame rate readout mode supports 60 frames per second.
This chip features an electronic shutter with variable charge-storage time which makes it possible to realize full-frame still images without a mechanical shutter. This chip is suitable for image input applications such as still cameras which require high resolution, etc.
The Sony ICX285AL Interline Features:
- Progressive scan allows individual readout of the image signals from all pixels
- High horizontal and vertical resolution (both approximately 1024 TV-lines) still images without a mechanical shutter
- Supports high frame rate readout mode (effective 256 lines output, 60 frame/s)
- Square pixel - Aspect ratio: 4:3
- Horizontal drive frequency: 28.64 MHz
- High sensitivity, low smear. Low dark current, excellent anti-blooming characteristics.
- Continuous variable-speed shutter. Horizontal register: 5.0 V drive
- Substrate material: Silicon
- Image size: Diagonal 11 mm (Type 2/3)
- Total number of pixels: 1434 (H) x 1050 (V) approx. 1.50MP
- Number of effective pixels: 1392 (H) x 1040 (V) approx. 1.45MP
- Number of active pixels: 1360 (H) x 1024 (V) approx. 1.40MP
- Chip size: 10.2 mm (H) x 8.3 mm (V) - Unit cell size: 6.45 micrometers (H) x 6.45 micrometers (V)
- Optical black: Horizontal (H) direction: Front 2 pixels, rear 40 pixels, Vertical (V) direction: Front 8 pixels, rear 2 pixels
- Number of dummy bits: Horizontal 20, Vertical 3
|Camera Connection||Female M54x.75|
|Delta T||27°C Below Ambient|
|Dynamic Range||12.3 Stops|
|Mega Pixels||1.4 mp|
|Pixel Array||1391 x 1039|
|Pixel Size||6.45 microns|
|Power Consumption||12V 0.8A|
Works right out of the box. Was up and shooting in 15 minutes. Good step up from DSI II. Temp regulation helps in dark frame taking. very little hot pixels for this class of sensor.