AstroTrac TT320X AG AutoGuiding Tracking Mount - Discontinued
AstroTrac TT320X AG AutoGuiding Tracking Mount - Discontinued
The TT320X-AG AutoGuiding Tracking Mount by AstroTrac:
The Perfect Traveling Imager's Mount!! You can now capture great images of a huge variety of objects more quickly and easily than ever before with the new improved AstroTrac TT320X AutoGuiding equatorial mount. It's the perfect match for easy-to-use DSLR cameras, providing an alternative to complex, heavy equipment and long learning curves. It can be surprising how you can significantly increase the amount of astrophotography you do by making the most of small windows in the weather.
The AstroTrac TT320X-AG Features:
- Sidereal, Solar and Lunar tracking
- Weighs just 2.2-pounds (or 1 kg), 0.2-pounds lighter than the TT320X
- 33-pound (15 kg) load capacity!
The drive mechanics give the AstroTrac TT320X-AG unguided tracking accuracy which has to be seen to be believed.
You can easily capture pin sharp stars at focal lengths of 500 mm or more. The only other mounts which can match the unguided tracking accuracy of the Astro Track TT320X-AG cost many thousands more.
Most DSLR camera exposures are around 5 minutes or less. The TT320X- AG has typical unguided tracking error of around 5 arc seconds peak-to-peak or better over a 5 minute period.
Each AstroTrac TT320X AG unit is individually calibrated at the factory, so the tracking rate is exactly right. You don't need to waste time measuring and adjusting the tracking rate to make sure its running at just the right speed to prevent trailed stars.
The AstroTrac TT320X AG is remarkably compact - its roughly as long and as wide as your forearm. Put it in your suitcase or your computer bag and take it with you whenever you travel.
The ultra portable TT320X -AG weighs only 1 kg (2.2-pounds). Extensive CNC light weighting of the major components makes the TT320X- AG 0.1 kg (0.2-pound) lighter than the TT320X. When you are planning your next trip, you'll be hoping to carry the minimum equipment and get the maximum results.
Despite its minimal weight, the TT320X can easily carry 15 kg (33-pounds) of cameras, lenses and telescopes, and you don't need to worry about dragging around large power supplies with you, either. The AstroTrac TT320X-AG draws minimal power, so you get around 10 hours tracking from a set of 8 AA cells. AA cells also have the advantage of being available just about anywhere in the world.
More Highlights of the AstroTrac TT320X-AG: If hydrogen-alpha is your thing, the TT320X- AG is the perfect companion to popular solar scopes like the Coronado PST or most Lunt H-alpha solar telescopes.
- The TT320X- AG comes with 2 hours sidereal, solar and lunar rate tracking as standard, opening up an even wider range of targets to you.
- The TT320X is easily polar aligned during the day for visual observation and photography of the Sun.
- Capture the beauty of the moon through its ever changing phases and majestic eclipses with the built in lunar tracking mode.
- Maximum enjoyment comes from taking the hassle out of carrying and setting up equipment, leaving you free to have fun and make the most of the moment.
- Every effort has been made to make the TT320X-AG beautiful as well as functional. The aluminum is hand brushed by a skilled craftsman and then anodized by a Rolls Royce approved company to lock in the beautiful finish and provide scratch and weather resistant for use in the field.
- The TT320X-AG is engineered to strict tolerances to give you optimum tracking accuracy and the reliability needed for years of use.
- All the components are machined at the Bristol UK based AstroTrac factory for optimum control over quality, using state of the art Haas CNC machining centers.
- The majority of components are made from aerospace-grade 6082 T6 aluminum for strength and light weight.
- All nuts, screws, and hardware are made from corrosion resistant stainless steel.
- The printed circuit boards are robotically manufactured in the UK to the highest standards using environmentally friendly processes. The TT320X-AG uses two high performance microprocessors running at 20 and 16 million instructions per second.
- At the heart of the TT320X-AG is the precision motor and screw assembly which is manufactured in the US to AstroTrac's rigorous specification. The screw is an integral part of the motor to minimize periodic error.
- The screw is protected by a transparent screw guard, which is made from polycarbonate, a material commonly used for bullet proof glass and riot shields.
- Quality bearings are essential for smooth, accurate movement, so the TT320X-AG uses precision ball and needle roller bearings throughout.
- The AstroTrac's high load capacity and rigidity is achieved by a unique preload mechanism which takes up any play in the main bearings.
AstroTrac TT320X-AG Specifications:
- Weight: 1 kg (2.2-pounds) - Load Capacity: 15 kg (33-pounds)
- Operating Voltage: 12 Volts DC - Current: approximately 0.25 Amps - Power: approximately 3 Watts
- Size (closed): 43 x 95 x 425 mm (17.2 x 3.4 x 1.7-inches)
- Tracking Rates: sidereal, solar, lunar - Duration: approximately 2 hours - Accuracy: Typically 5 arc seconds peak-to-peak over 5 minutes
- Autoguiding in right ascension with ST-4 compatible autoguider.
- Rewind Time: approximately 1.5 minutes - Mounting Threads: standard photo 3/8-inch 16 tpi
OPT Product Number: AT-TT320X-AG
Even better than I was expecting
I've had my AT setup for ~1 month now and have had it out 3 times now. After some practice the first night out with polar aligning it, I was able to take some 5 minute test shots at ~250mm focal length with VERY minimal trailing. I'm moving to the AT after building my own 'barn door' tracker and the difference is staggering... Now if I could just get the city to turn off all the streetlights in my neighborhood I'd be set! - With the right tripod/head combo, setup couldn't be faster. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone looking to get started in astrophotography.
I purchased this mount to perhaps simplify astrophotography. I have been using a GEM for years, but I do not enjoy the lugging, building balancing, guiding... etc with the big GEM. I mounted the Astrotrac to a Manfrotto 410 and 486RC2. The set up could not be faster. I can get a five minute perfect exposure within 10 minutes of setup. Meaning that it takes more time to choose a target than it does to set up. With the right tripod, you can fit this into a carry-on. Its official, my GM8 is history.
Setup within only 10 to 15min. The longest exposure time I have been taken is ~20min with a 35mm film camera. A great camera mount !
I purchased this Track mount last week, after a few evenings of practice alinging, I was able to expose 10 minutes! with NO drift, amazing with only a few minutes to set-up, fits in a carry-on.