Join Our Team
OPT is the premier retailer of astronomy equipment in the US. Selling amateur astronomers and professional institutions access to the universe both online and in store. Boasting a wide range of clientele such as NASA, JPL, MIT, Google, Microsoft, and The U.S. Air Force, OPT has the experience and knowledgeable staff to outfit any astronomy need.
Founded in 1947 by Don Penning, Flying Tiger WWII Pilot as Oceanside Photographic Center and later purchased in 1974 by Craig Weatherwax as Oceanside Photo and Telescope, OPT is now owned and operated by Ginny and Dustin Gibson (as of Sept. 2016). OPT has continued to grow and expand our astronomical footprint. OPT sells "everything except the dirt" to build a personal or professional observatory.
From architecture, planning, equipment (including domes, mounts, telescopes, CCD cameras, eyepieces and more) to installation and onsite training, we are with you every step of the way. Whether it's a complete observatory or an individual eyepiece, no job is too big or too small for the knowledgeable sales staff at OPT.
Telescope Sales Technician
- Job Category: Sales (Internet)
- Location: Oceanside, CA
- Apply Method: Email Apply
- Employer Name: Oceanside Photo & Telescope, LLC
- Strong command of language and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with company leadership and teammates.
- Highly organized, and able to meet both hard and self-imposed deadlines without day-to-day oversight.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a former sales role
- Commitment to learning the practical ins and outs of the products and technology of a specialized market to be able to communicate properly to customers.
- Communication with vendors in regards to special orders and product availability.
- Ability to meet goals on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Familiarity with Telescope equipment a huge plus
- Working closely with team members to always put the customer first.
- Making outbound phone calls daily to existing customers, as well as forming relationships with new ones, to assist them in making their astronomical dreams come true.
- Answering questions and giving advice on astronomy equipment including but not limited to Telescopes, Equatorial Tracking Mounts, CCD Cameras, Filters, etc.
- Communicating with customers via Web chat, Email, Telephone, and at times in store.
- Educating and advising customers on a wide variety of products and best practices within in the industry.
- Following up on orders or troubleshooting equipment issues.
- Outfitting astrophotography systems or selecting equipment for all levels of astronomy enthusiasts.
- Constantly learning about new products and advising both co-workers as well as customers.
- Order entry and processing.
Job Type: Full-time
- Oceanside, CA
- Sales: 3 years