ZWO ASI 224 Color CMOS Telescope Camera
The ZWO ASI224MC Color Astronomy Camera houses a 1/3 inch 1.2 Mega Pixel Sony IMX224 imaging sensor with EXmor and NIR technology. This relatively small sensor has very low read noise of 1.5e at 60 Gain and 3.1 at zero Gain. There is a high sensitivity in NIR and the possibility for high frame rates, making this CMOS camera an excellent choice for planetary imagers who want nothing but the highest quality.
Although this camera is best suited for planetary imaging, it can also be used for image deep sky objects up to a fixed level as it supports a maximum exposure time of up to 1000 seconds.
Since you won't have to devote time to filter or filter wheel concerns, imaging with the ZWO ASI224MC Color Camera is a simple procedure. If you don't mind making a small concession, this is one of the best color planetary imaging cameras currently available in this price range, and it could probably outshine many of the more costlier cameras also.
ZWO ASI224MC Color Astronomy Camera Features:
- Supports planetary as well as some deep sky imaging
- Resolution: 1304 x 976 at up to 64 fps (at 12-bit ADC) or 150 fps (at 10-bit ADC)
- Maximum exposure time of 1000 seconds!
- Autoguider port
- Extremely low read noise (1.5e at 60 Gain)
- High Sensitivity, especially in IR range
- Full aluminium housing with standard 2-inch interface
- M42x0.75 internal thread
- Includes 1.25-inch T-adapter
ZWO ASI224MC CMOS Color Astronomy Camera Specifications:
- Sensor: 1/3-inch CMOS IMX224
- Resolution: 1.2 Mega Pixels
- Minimum Exposure Time: 0.000032 seconds
- Maximum Exposure Time: 1000 seconds
- ROI: Supported
- Binning Modes: 2 x 2
- Focus Distance to Sensor: 12.5 mm
- Shutter Type: Rolling
- Window: AR coated
- Operating System Compatability: Mac, Windows, Linus
- Interface: USB 3.0/ USB 2.0
- Bit rate: 12-bit output (12-bit ADC)
- Adapter: 2-inch/ 1.25-inch/ M42X0.75
- Diameter: 62 mm
- Weight: 3.5-ounces (0.26 lb)
- Pixel Array: 1304 x 976
- Pixel Size: 3.75 microns square
- Sensor Size: 4.8 mm x 3.6 mm
- Diagonal Size: 6.09 mm
|Camera Connection||M42 x 0.75|
|Camera Series||ZWO ASI|
|Delta T||45°C Below Ambient|
|Dynamic Range||12 Stops|
|Full Rez Frame Rate||150fps|
|Max Frame Rate||577.9fps|
|Maximum Exposure Time||1000 seconds|
|Mega Pixels||1.3 mp|
|Minimum Exposure Time||0.000032 seconds|
|Operating System Compatibility||Linux (3rd Party) & Mac & Windows|
|Pixel Array||1304 x 976|
|Pixel Size||3.75 microns|
|Shutter Type||Rolling Electronic|
- ZWO ASI224MC Color Astronomy Camera
- M42 to 1.25-inch Nosepiece
- 2 m long USB and ST4 Guider Cable
- 1.25-inch Cover
- Driver CD
Zwo Asi224mc es una excelente camara. La mejor foto de Jupiter hasta la fecha, la capture con esta camara a modo de prueba de la camara. Muy veloz, nitidez, un producto que superó mis expectativas.
Good planetary camera
Very good resolution but sometimes the camera disconnects.
This is a great little camera for the money, I have been getting some impressive pictures with it that I didn't expect to get using it. No problem getting it set up and using it. Now I have some great shots of the moon, Jupiter and Saturn to show off to my friends, so glad I bought it and OPT service was top notch.
Camera does not work
I downloaded the Program Software with the ZWO ASI 224 hooked up via USB 3 on my laptop. I then used this Camera as an eyepiece on my telescope during a night session but no image of Jupiter nor was the screen black. The image screen was all white with no response whatsoever from any aspect of the software. My curser gave no response from the gain, the brightness ,the camera control, the video or single shot . How do I send the overexposed image onto a Folder on my Computer? Please tell me how to work this Camera. Thank You. Best Regards. Thomas Lee P.S .Should I download the software again?
Nice little camera
Didn't had the chance to use is as often as I want but it's good quality for dso. Would buy again from OPT, had à great service and fast shipping.
Quick and reasonable
Quick delivery and at an affordable cost