ZWO ASI185MC Color Astronomy CameraThe ASI185MC Color Astronomy Camera by ZWO:
Housing a Sony IMX185 sensor, with 2.3 M 3.5 um pixels in a 1944 x 1224 format, the ZWO imaging camera is a beautiful piece of work. The IMX185 sensor housed inside this device has an extremely low read noise of 3.3e, and is extremely sensitive- especially in the near infrared spectrum. Compared to other models such as the ASI224MC, the ZWO ASI185MC color camera has a larger sensor with the same size pixels, and a slight but noticeable increase in read noise over the other model. Superb at any astronomical imaging application imaginable, the ZWO ASI185MC body has a high speed USB 3.0 port, an ST4 guide port, a standard 2-inch interface with M42 x 0.75 internal threads, a 1/4-inch tripod thread mount on the back, an ST4 guide port, a standard 2-inch interface with M42 x 0.75 internal threads, a 1/4-inch tripod thread mount on the back, and an IR-cut window. The included software is compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux operating systems. The focus distance to the sensor is 12.5 mm.
Sony IMX185 CMOS Sensor Features:
- Provides exceptionally low read noise (3.3 e).
- The IMX185 has an image array of 1944 x 1224 and a pixel size of 3.75 microns square.
- Supports 1/2 full HD optical size.
- 1120 mV pixel sensitivity.
- Sensitivity has been enhanced in the near IR region by up to 1.8X that of a similar sensor.
- The Sony IMX185 is an Exmor high performance CMOS sensor with quick processing, low noise, and low power diffusion by utilizing column parallel A/D conversion.
- Everything required to control your ZWO Astronomy Camera is readily available at the ZWO website.
ZWO ASI185MC Color CMOS Astronomy Camera Specifications:
- Sensor: Sony 1/1.9-inch IMX185 Color CMOS
- Resolution: 2.3 M
- Image Array: 1944 x 1224
- Pixel Size: 3.75 um
- Max Frame Rate at Full Resolution: 1080 FPS
- Max Frame Rate at 640 x 480: 268.4 FPS
- Window: IR-Cut
- Guide Port: ST4
- Shutter: Global
- Exposure Range: 32 us to 1000s
- Read Noise: 3.3e
- Interface: USB3.0/USB2.0
- Bit Rate: 12 bit output (12 bit ADC)
- Adapter: 2-inch to 1.25-inch/ M42 x 0.75
- Dimensions: 62 mm Diameter by 36 mm
- Weight: 120 g
- Working Temperature: Neg.5-degrees C degrees to Neg.45-degrees C degrees
- Working Relative Humidity: 20-percent to 80-percent
- ST4 Cable
- Camera Body
- USB 3.0 Cable
- 1.25" Cover
- 1.25" to T-thread Nosepiece
- Quick guide
- 2.5mm All Sky Lens
- T to C Threaded Adapter
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Will thsi work wiht my Mac OSX and will it work on my Orion 12xxg GoTo Dobsonian Telescope? - Thanks !
Yes the ZWO camera will work with Mac and on the Orion go-to Dobsonian.