This ZWO ASI178MC astronomy camera includes the back-illuminated 6.4 M resolution Sony IMX178 image sensor. This one and one-eighth inch CMOS sensor has a 3096 x 2080 pixel array and a 2.4-micrometer square pixel size. With a 14-bit ADC, extremely low read noise of 2.2 e, and superior sensitivity the ZWO ASI178MC is an excellent camera for both astrophotography and microscopy.
ZWO ASI178MC Specifications at a Glance
Experience the Sony IMX178 CMOS Sensor
- The Sony IMX178 back-illuminated CMOS image sensor offers high sensitivity, resolution and dynamic range.
- The IMX185 is an "Exmor R" sensor with notably improved imaging features, including sensitivity and low read noise, by correcting the basic structure of "Exmor" adopted column-parallel A/D converter to back-illuminated type.
- The IMX178 is a Sony STARVIS sensor and has a sensitivity of 2000mV+ per 1-micron square (when imaging with a 706 cd/m2 light source, f/5.6 in 1-second accumulation correspondent), and provides superior image quality in the visible and near IR light regions.
- The 14-bit output helps achieve high dynamic range which lessened quantization noise and hidden dark random noise. This facilitates clear image quality in light and dark areas, even with high contrast imaging targets.
- Everything required to control your ZWO Astronomy Camera is readily available at the ZWO website.
ZWO ASI178MC Color Astronomy Camera Full Specifications:
- Sensor Size: 7.4 mm x 5 mm.
- Diagonal: 8.92 mm.
- ROI: Supported.
- ST4 guider port: Yes.
- Focus distance to sensor: 12.5 mm.
- Shutter Type: Rolling shutter.
- Window: IR-Cut.
- Interface: USB 3.0/ USB 2.0.
- Adapter: 2 inches to 1.25 inches (M42x0.75).
- Weight: 4.23 ounces (without lens).
- Working temperature: Minus 5 degrees Celsius to minus 45 degrees Celsius.
- Working relative humidity: 20% to 80%.
- Storage relative humidity: 20% to 95%.