- Pixel Array: 1936 x 1096
- Read Noise: 0.75e to 2.8e
- Sensor: Sony IMC385, 8.3 mm Diagonal
- Bit Size: 3.75 Microns
- TEC Cooling: To Neg.45-Degrees Below Ambient
ZWO ASI 385 Cooled Color CMOS Telescope Camera
ZWO's ASI385 cameras are designed for astronomical photography. The slightly larger sensor, extremely low read noise, high sensitivity, and high frame rates make this new camera a very good choice for planetary imaging.
TEC cooling will help to reduce dark current noise for long exposures. For short exposures, such as under one second, the dark current noise is very low. However, cooling is recommended for DSO imaging when long exposures are required.
These cooled cameras have a robust, regulated cooling system, which means that the camera sensor can be kept at the desired temperature throughout your imaging session. The super low readout noise, combined with efficient cooling and adjustable gain setting, allows you to do short exposure or lucky DSO imaging, unlike the traditional CCD cameras which need very long exposures for each frame. However, keep in mind that cooling won’t help with very short exposures such as less than 100 ms. The lowest temperature that can be set is 40-degrees C to about 45-degrees C below ambient.
Protect Window: ASI385MC-COOL has the D25 AR window, thickness is 3 mm.
Analog to Digital Converter (ADC): The ASI385 camera records in 10-bit ADC and 12-bit ADC. You can image at a faster fps rate if you choose to use 10-bit ADC (high speed mode). This camera also supports ROI (region of interest) shooting, and this smaller ROI has faster fps.
Here is the maximum speed of ASI385 running at 10-bit ADC and 12-bit ADC with the USB3.0:
- Resolution - 10-Bit ADC - 12-Bit ADC
- 1944x1224 - 108fps - 54fps
- 1920x1080 - 120fps - 60fps
- 1024x768 - 170.5fps - 85.2fps
- 800x800 - 163.8fps - 81.9fps
- 640x480 - 268.4fps - 134.2fps
- 320x240 - 515.3fps - 257.6fps
- ASI385MC-Cool Color CMOS Astronomy Camera by ZWO
- A Quick Guide CD-ROM with the Users' Manual, Drivers, and Software
- USB3.0 Cable
- (x2) 0.5 m USB 2.0 Cables
- 1.25-Inch Nosepiece
- 1.25-Inch Cover
- Camera Bag
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.