- Sony IMX174 CMOS Sensor
- Low Read Noise
- 4.63 Micron Pixels
- 11.3 Megapixels (4144 x 2822)
- Cooling: 35-40C below Ambient Available
- Cooled and Non-cooled Options Available
ZWO ASI 294 Camera
The ZWO ASI 294 Has set a new standard of Excellence in the world of Astrophotography. Whether you are interested in deep space astrophotography or Lunar/Planetary/solar Imaging, this camera will be able to handle it all. There are not many camera systems that can do what ASI 294 can do.
At the Heart of the ZWO ASI 294 is the Sony IMX294 CMOS Sensor which is known for its exceptional light gathering efficiency, low read noise, and High resolution. The sensor will record up to 11-megapixel images on a Micro 4/3rds format. The camera has a dynamic range of 9 to 13 stops depending on gain settings. Read noise levels can be adjust between 1.2 and 7.3 electrons, and if you set the gain to 120 DB you can get almost the full 13 stZWOops dynamic range with a read noise of 1.7 electrons!
The ASI 294 works very well as a deep-space camera. Cooled versions will reach temperatures 35 degrees Centigrade below the ambient temperature bringing thermal noise buildup down to a minimum. You can take pictures up to 33 minutes with this camera, but with such low noise images exposures that long are rarely necessary. When shooting deep space images at full resolution this camera pairs very exceptionally well with telescopes 300mm to 1,300mm in focal length.
As a planetary camera, no other camera system can beat the ASI 294’s versatility. For solar imaging, this camera can record full 11mp videos at 19 frames per second and capture the entire sun with 1350mm focal length!
The "Pro" model of this camera is the cooled version
- ZWO ASI294 Cooled Camera Body
- Camera Bag (cooled Version only)
- Desiccant tablets packet (cooled version only)
- Driver & Extra Software CD (Mac, PC & Linux Compatible)
- M42-1.25" nosepiece
- 1.25" Cover
- T2-M48 16.5mm Extender
- Desiccant tube (cooled version only)
- 21mm extender (cooled version only)
- 2-m-long USB 3.0 cable
- .05-m-long USB 2.0 short cable x2 (cooled version only)
- M42-M48 adapter (cooled version only)
- M42 female - M42 female adapter
- Spacer x2 (cooled version only)
- Quick guide
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.