- Pixel Array: 1304 x 976
- Pixel Size: 3.75 micrometer x 3.75 micrometer
- Sensor Size: 4.8mm x 3.6mm
- Diagonal Size: 6.09mm
ZWO ASI 224 Color CMOS Telescope Camera
The ZWO ASI224MC Color Astronomy Camera houses a 1/3 inch 1.2 Mega Pixel Sony IMX224 imaging sensor with Exmor and NIR technology. This relatively small sensor has very low read noise (1.5e), high sensitivity in NIR, and the possibility for high frame rates, making this CMOS camera an excellent choice for planetary imagers who want nothing but the highest quality.
Although this camera is best suited for planetary imaging, it can also be used for image deep sky objects up to a fixed level as it supports a maximum exposure time of up to 1000 seconds.
Since you won't have to devote time to filter or filter wheel concerns, imaging with the ZWO ASI224MC Color Camera is a simple procedure. If you don't mind making a small concession, this is one of the best color planetary imaging cameras currently available in this price range, and it could probably outshine many of the more costlier cameras also.
ZWO ASI224MC Color Astronomy Camera Features...
- Supports planetary as well as some deep sky imaging
- Resolution: 1304 x 976 at up to 64 fps (at 12-bit ADC) or 150 fps (at 10-bit ADC)
- Maximum exposure time of 1000 seconds!
- Autoguider port
- Extremely low read noise (1.5 e)
- High Sensitivity, especially in IR range
- Full aluminium housing with standard 2 inch interface
- M42x0.75 internal thread
- Includes 1.25 inch T-adapter
ZWO ASI224MC CMOS Color Astronomy Camera Specifications...
- Sensor: 1/3 inch CMOS IMX224
- Resolution: 1.2 Mega Pixels
- Minimum Exposure Time: 0.000032 seconds
- Maximum Exposure Time: 1000 seconds
- ROI: Supported
- Binning Modes: 2x2
- Focus Distance to Sensor: 12.5mm
- Shutter Type: Rolling
- Window: AR coated
- Operating System Compatability: Mac, Windows, Linus
- Interface: USB 3.0/ USB 2.0
- Bit rate: 12-bit output (12-bit ADC)
- Adapter: 2 inch/ 1.25 inch/ M42X0.75
- Diameter: 62mm
- Weight: 3.5 oz.
OPT Product Number: ZWO-ASI224MC
- ZWO ASI224MC Color Astronomy Camera
- M42 - 1.25 inch Nosepieces
- 2m USB and ST4 Guider Cable
- 1.25 inch Cover
- Driver CD
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
What version is this? 1.3?
Due to their popularity and our shipping schedule from ZWO, all of the ASI224MC cameras we get are the latest versions.
How long is the wait?
These items have varying backordered time frames. we recommend placing an order for the camera you are interested in to ensure you receive an allocation for the next shipment.
Does it include the wide angle lens?
Yes the ZWO ASI224 does come with a wide angle lens.
It appears in the rotating photo to have a lens. Is this the 150 deg. ZWO Lens?
Good afternoon and thanks for asking. That is just a sensor cover.
include Anti-amp glow function (PCB Version1.3)?
Due to the high demand on this camera, we regularly sell through inventory, and as of late July, 2017, all of the ASI224MC cameras we have coming in are the latest version.