- Diagonal: 28.4mm
- Resolution: 16Mega Pixels 4944X3284
- Pixel Size: 4.78 microns
- Exposure Range: 64 milliseconds to 2000 seconds
- ROI: Supported
- Full well: 46ke
- Upgraded with DDR memory buffer
ZWO ASI 071 Pro Color Camera - Cooled
The ASI 071 Pro is an excellent full-color CMOS astronomy camera for the discerning astronomer who seeks a high power camera optimal for deep sky imaging. The sensor is an impressive and respectable 28.4mm diagonally, and provides a pixel array of 4944 x 3284. It's a great choice for any kind of imaging, and works especially well for deep sky imaging. The sensor is a Sony IMX 071, which is a high level APS-C format sensor. The size per pixel is 4.78 microns.
The Pro version has been upgraded with a 256MB DDR3 memory buffer to render data transfer more stable and correct the amp-glow issue that the original had. This increases the speed and stability of data transfer between your camera and the computer, providing a boost in performance.
One of this cameras greatest features is its incredibly low read noise and gain, averaging 2.3e at 24db gain. What this means is that it accrues interference very slowly, and can be active for long periods of time with minimal need to worry about trash data. This is compounded by the high power cooling system that lets the camera stay active for long periods of time without overheating. It is these features that make this camera excellent for deep sky imaging; it can take as long as it needs to capture as much data as you want.
OPT Product Number: ZWO-ASI071MC-P
- A Famous Sensor: The Sony IMX071 APS-C (1.8 inch)
- DDR Memory buffer
- Regulated Two-stage Tec-Cooling: 35-40 degree below ambient temperature
- Very low read noise: 2.3e at 24db gain / 3.3e at lowest gain
- 14-Bit ADC: provides real 14-bit Dynamic range
- Electronic shutter: no vibration problem such as exists with mechanical shutter
- USB 3.0 Port (back compatible with USB 2.0): 10 fps at 4944X3284 - 134 fps at 320X240
- The AR coated protect window means that all light can pass
- Controllable Anti-Dew protect window heater: You can turn it off to save power!
- Camera Bag
- ZWO ASI071MC-Pro Camera Body
- DDR Memory Buffer
- Quick Guide
- Backup desiccant tablets packet (You need to use them with desiccant tube once you find fogging happen inside camera.)
- Desiccant tube
- 2 m long USB 3.0 cable
- USB 2.0 short cable x2 (They can be used to connect your EFW or guider camera
- through the USB2.0 hub)
- Driver & Extra Software CD (Mac, PC & Linux Compatible)
- Spacer x2
- M42-M42 21mm extender
- M42-M48 16.5mm extender
- 1.25 inch Cover
- 2 inch Cover
- Hexagon wrench
- Quality certification
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Does the hot mirror on this camera allow HA to pass?
There is no hot mirror on this camera. The window is AR coated and the QE curve shows that the camera can pick up information into NIR wavelengths: https://astronomy-imaging-camera.com/wp-content/uploads/ASI071-QE.jpg. You will need to add an astronomic
what software is used for camera control?
ZWO includes their own Windows software for simple image capture, but you can use OACapture (Mac/Linux), FireCapture (PC), Nebulosity or PHD2 (Mac, PC), or any Windows control program that allows connection via the ASCOM driver.
What all is included? AIC's website states these the following are included, does what you're selling include the same? 1–ZWO ASI071MC-COOL Camera Body 2–M42-M42 21mm extender 3–M42-M48 16.5mm extender 4–M42-1.25? nose piece 5-M42-M48 adapter
Hello. For the most part your list seems correct. If you purchase a ZWO camera from us it will come with the same accessories as it would from ZWO. Here is a list of the included items: 1–ZWO ASI071MC-COOL Camera Body 2–M42-M42 21mm extender 3–M42-M48 16
Even though this is a camera color camera, can you do narrowband imaging with it?
Yes, you can, though you would see reduced resolution and sensitivity compared to a monochrome camera due to the Bayer Matrix. Ha and OIII is possible, but SII will be extremely difficult, so most imagers with OSC CCD or CMOS cameras either just add Ha a
Is the camera and its software compatible with Windows 10?
Yes, all of the ZWO USB 3.0 cameras are fully compatible with Windows 10.
Is there any Binning mode with this camera?
According to the manufacturer, hardware binning 3x3 is supported. Software binning 2x2, 3x3, and 4x4 are supported.