Vixen A70LF Refractor Telescope
Are you ready for a beginner's telescope that's a cut above the rest? Then take a closer look at the Vixen A70LF Telescope with Vixen Porta Mount...
Starting with a quality 70 mm (2.8-inches) Vixen Achromatic Refractor which operates at a focal length of 900 mm with an f/ratio of 12.9, we have a small, lightweight telescope capable of maximum magnifying power of 143X and reaching a limiting visual magnitude of 11. The telescope body measures 3 x 34-inches (76 mm x 865 mm) and weighs only 4.2 lbs (1.9 kg), so it is manageable by even the most inexperienced hands - yet capable of revealing some of the most magnificent wonders of the universe. Through its "eye" you'll reveal the moons of Jupiter, the rings of Saturn, mountains and craters on the Moon, colorful double stars, vast nebula, bright clusters and more... Because the Vixen A70LF makes a great terrestrial telescope, too! Keep an eye on the nesting eagles or spot distant ships on the horizon. The Vixen A70LF Refractor telescope does it all...
Words on the Vixen A70LF Refractor Telescope...
"My very first telescope was a 70 mm (2.8-inches). With this size aperture you will, as I did, be on your way to discovering the craters and mountains on our moon, the rings around Saturn and the storms on Jupiter. With a star chart you'll find beautiful double stars of varying colors, and on moonless nights, you will see the Andromeda Galaxy, The Orion Nebula and hundreds of other Deep Sky objects. The A70Lf, although inexpensive, is not a toy telescope. It has the same quality glass and exacting workmanship that goes into our much larger instruments. I hope you'll find it as enjoyable as I did as you begin this great adventure we call amateur astronomy."
-- Mr. StarGuy
Vixen A70Lf Refractor Telescope Features
- Excellent optical quality Vixen A70Lf 70 mm f/12.9 Achromatic Refractor telescope.
- A smaller 6 power finder telescope that attaches to the main scope to help you center the object.
- A quality Vixen 20 mm eyepiece for general viewing.
- A Vixen 6.3 mm eyepiece for those really clear nights for high power viewing.
- A diagonal Prism that connects the eyepiece to the telescope for comfortable positioning.
- A Dew / Sun (not for solar observing) shield and quality rack and pinion focuser.
- Complete tube rings and dovetail plate to quickly attach to Vixen Mounts.
Vixen Product Number: VX-2602