Vixen Sphinx SXD2 EQ Mount w/ Starbook 10 & Tripod
Vixen Sphinx SXD2 EQ Mount w/ Starbook 10 & Tripod
Vixen has reworked the design and manufacture of its innovative SXD Mount. The SXD2 Mount has a greater loading capacity and is more rigid, enabling a more steady platform for astrophotography. The quieter stepping motors ensure you of smooth, quiet slewing with quick response to commands.The Star Book Ten features an intuitive Star Chart Go-To System on a high definition LCD Screen. Features include night vision screen, hibernate mode, VPEC and PPEC, and even an optional built-in auto-guider. Increased Loading Capacity: Both the RA and DEC axes are made of sturdy steel with brass wheel gears. This enables the mount to carry loads of up to 50 pounds (including counterweights) for astrophotography. Smooth R.A and DEC Movement: The inside of the Vixen Sphinx SXD2 is very different from the previous SX equatorial mounts. Bearings have been added to the shafts of the RA and DEC axes and the screw gear shafts. The worm screw gears are inspected for strict concentricity and are lapped in the whole-circle for smooth movement. Unique Mount Design: The Vixen Sphinx SXD2 Mount is designed so that the mount body acts as part of the counterweight system. Periodic Error Correction: Data from your PE correction input is saved for your next observing session. Polar Axis Scope: The Sphinx SXD2 Mount includes a built-in 6x20 polar axis scope. It has an 8-degree field of view, a bubble level, an illuminated reticle, and accuracy to within 3 minutes.
- Time Graduation Circle: 10 Minute Increments
- Date Graduation Circle: 2 Day Increments
- Meridian Offset Circle: Adjustable between E20 degrees and W20 degrees in 5-degree increments
- Northern Hemisphere: Polaris pattern with reticle (Applicable to the year 2025)
- Southern Hemisphere: Octantal 4 stars pattern with reticle
It also comes with the Vixen Advanced Unit. This is an upgrade for your Vixen Starbook Ten- enhancing your auto-guiding capabilities notably! This unit allows you to view an image from a CCD camera, record or playback from an SD card and adjust the shutter exposure controls of a DSLR camera, while also functioning with a built-in Auto-Guider! Video images by analog AV signal can be displayed on the screen of the Starbook Ten. The video images can be recorded onto a memory card (sold separately). Remote shutter release control of a DSLR camera is also possible.
User's Instructions Here!
- R.A. Slow Motion Axis: 180-tooth worm & wheel gears whole circle movement
- DEC Slow Motion Axis: 180-tooth worm & wheel gears whole circle movement
- R.A.Display: On-screen Starbook Ten, 0.1 min increments
- DEC Display: On-screen Starbook Ten, 0.1 min increments
- Polar Axis Scope: SX Polar Axis Scope (pre-installed)
- Altitude Adjustment: 0 to 70 degrees, separated by three zones for fine adjustment with tangent screws +/- 15 degrees
- Telescope Controller: Star Book Ten, 1200x maximum slewing speed
- Power Source: DC 12 volts, 0.4 to 1.7A
- Power Connecting Terminal: DC12V EIAJ RC5320A Class 4/li>
- Maximum Loading Weight: 50 lb with Counterweights
- Counterweight: 1.9 kg/ 4.2 lb ; 3.7kg/8 lb
- Dimensions: 36 cm x 36 cm x 12 cm
- Weight: 19.3 lb (without counterweights)
Manufacturer Product Number: 25101HAL130
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Regarding the Vixen Sphinx SXD2 EQ Mount w/ Starbook 10 & Tripod: Has Vixen corrected the declination problem which the older SXD hand controller possessed? It made astrophotography nearly impossible. RA correction was instantaneous. Dec. correction
Hello Gary, Thank you for your question. According to the manufacturer, the declination problem has been corrected on the Starbook 10 in relation to the older versions of the Starbook so you should have no problems there. there. I spoke to the manufact
Hello! My name is Daniel, and I live in Brazil...I have a LX90 12" ACF and I would like to try this mount with the Meade OTA for astrophotography...it´s possible? Which accessories (dovetail, rings, etc... ) would I have to buy in addition to this mount ?
It will work, You will need to get The D- Style dovetail for your scope seen here: http://www.optcorp.com/aa-dm12-losmandy-style-dm12-dovetail-plate.html and the V to d adapter seen here: http://www.optcorp.com/adm-vix-los-saddle-plateg5-lxd-vix-for-cen-s
I have skywatcher espirit 120mm APO refractor. Does this mount work with that telescope?
Yes, The Skywatcher 120 Espirit is within the payload capacity of this mount. This scope and mount would be a great combination. You will need to get a vixen style dovetail bar to attached the scope to the mount. This is because the Skywatcher 120 Espirit
Does this tripod and mount include the half pillar? Thanks.
Hello, This package includes the Mount, Tripod and Hand Control. The half pillar could be the first accessory on the list! Thanks for asking.
Would the Hotech SCA field flattener be a reasonable choice for this OTA for use with Fuji xt1dslr?
This flattener will work, but you may need to use a slightly longer spacing than 55mm from flattener to sensor to correct for the steep f/6 light cone of your telescope. You may need to find a T adapter for your Fuji camera and then experiment with shims