Vixen Sphinx SXP Mount with Starbook X, Hal 130 Tripod, and New Polar Finder
The Vixen Sphinx SXP Equatorial Mount builds on leading edge innovations developed through decades of experience while designing German Equatorial Mounts at Vixen headquarters in Japan. The Vixen Sphinx SXP mount and Star Book Ten hand controller, which comes standard with the SXP, display the best in portable GoTo technology. This new generation of hand-held controllers features a high definition LCD screen and the technology to show you the sky before your telescope takes you there. Truly a combination designed for the sake of astronomers.
Supporting this amazing mount and splendid hand controller is the reliable Hal 130 Tripod. This sturdy and stable tripod provides a large base that is perfect for carrying the SXP mount, providing ample stability with no wobble points whatsoever. The tripod extends from 32" to 51" (81cm to 130cm) and weighs 12 lbs. The combination of the tripod and mount has a loading capacity of 35lbs, not taking into account the counterweights that come with it!
The SXP Mount uses high quality pulse motors that are designed to react smoothly and quickly for its movement system. They utilize a micro slow motion feature for maximum smoothness and precision when being adjusted, and both the R.A. and DEC Wheels have 180 teeth. These are high precision machined wheels and worm gears made of brass for the most accurate tracking possible, synergizing splendidly with the pulse motors that drive them. The two shafts are both comprised of strong carbon steel, ensuring durability and toughness that will last. A unique feature that further adds to the value of this mount is that the mounts main body is designed to serve as a part of the counterweight system, greatly aiding balance and stability.
This package includes the latest and most refined Vixen Polar scope to date, the Polarie PF-L. This new scope greatly improves on the functionality of its predecessors in numerous ways. Such new features are as follows:
- Using a 3 star alignment with a smart phone app, setting up alignment is an easy process.
- In the northern hemisphere, the polar axis is aligned by placing three bright stars in the specified positions.
- No need to set hour angle.
- The built-in scale is illuminated in red, so that it is clearly visible in the night sky.
- The brightness of the dimmable illumination can be adjusted in 8 steps.
- When pressing the illumination button, the scale is illuminated for one to two minutes.
- Power will automatically turn off after one to two minutes to prevent unnecessary power consumption.
On the whole this is an exceptional mount on a matching tripod with a superb hand controller- a trifecta of excellence that is sure to make your astrophotography experience a true pleasure! This package goes a step further to also include the Polarie PF-L Polar Scope, a new level of alignment quality!
Full Feature List
- R.A. Slow Motion Axis: 180-tooth wheel gears whole circle movement ; 72mm diameter; Brass
- DEC Slow Motion Axis: 180-tooth wheel gears whole circle movement ; 72mm diameter; Brass
- Worm Gears: 9mm Diameter; Brass
- R.A. Axis: 40mm Diameter; Carbon Steel
- DEC Axis : 40mm Diameter; Carbon Steel
- Bearings :15 Bearings
- Counterweight Bar: 20mm Diameter; Retractable Altitude Adjustment: 0 deg to 70 deg ; (Fine Adjustment with Tangent screw: - 15 deg , 3 step elevation) Approx. 0.8 deg per rotation
- Azimuth Adjustment: Double screw Fine Adjustment: Approx. +/- 7 deg ; 2 deg per rotation
- Drive Motor: Stepping (Pulse) Motor with 300pps
- Controller : STAR BOOK TEN
- Power Consumption: DC 12 volts, 0/45~2.2A, 0.6~2.5A(Maximum)
- Controller: STAR BOOK Hand Controller ; D-Sub9 pin Male Plug
- Maximum Loading Weight: 16kg/35 lbs + Counterweights
- Counterweight: 1.9 kg/ 4.2 lbs ; 3.7kg/8 lbs
- Dimensions: 13.5 x 14 x5 inches
- Weight: 11 kg/ 24.25 lbs (without counterweight)
Manufacturer Product Number: 25121HAL130
|Head Design||German Equatorial|
|Instrument Capacity||35 lbs|