The Mobile Porta includes all the features of the original Porta II mount such as slow motion handles, friction stop system and removable mount head.
Easy to transport, this mount has a multi function fork arm allowing the Mobile Porta to fold more compactly than its predecessors. At less than 8 pounds this mount is ready to go to all your observing sites.
Your telescope can be moved manually to the right position and then fine-tuned with the slow motion controls. The multi function single fork arm folds without the use of tools for easy transport and storage. Setting up your scope in minutes is a simple operation.
The direction of the multi-arm can be rotated at 15 degree intervals so that you avoid having the telescope impeded by the slow motion handles. Additionally, the vertical slow motion control can move outward.
- Mount: Mobile Porta Alt-azimuth Mount
- Tripod: Aluminum 2 section adjustable; 28 to 51-inch
- Mount Weight: 8-pounds including tripod
- Load Capacity: 8-pound (Optical Tube diameter less than 119 mm)
- Vertical and Horizontal Slow Motion: 1 Wheel Gears whole circle movement; Friction control system with tools for tension adjustment
- Telescope Attachment: Dove Tail Plate
- Slow Motion Handles (2)
- Built in Tool Kit
- Tray to hold eyepieces and cameras
Picture Left side: Trim profile when closed.
Picture below: Showing sideways motion pan.