Vixen ED81S f/7.7 Triplet Refracting OTA Telescope
The Vixen ED81SWT is a top-line APO refractor telescope: made in Japan with new ED "eco glass" (lead and arsenic free). These telescope designs have faster focal ratios and a more compact length compared to the prior ED 80S telescope. The new optics on the Vixen ED81S are especially good at suppressing the dispersion of violet light, this avoids halos and blooming around images of bright stars.
Coupled with a medium f/7.7 focal ratio, the ED series provide a sharp, color-free image of high contrast for both visual and photographic applications. The big Vixen 60 mm drawtube means these refractors can handle the full line of Vixen drawtube accessories. Vixen's new Dual Speed Focuser, now standard on the ED81S, provides fine focus adjustments for 1/7th speed focusing.
- A full objective diameter of 3.2-inch (81 mm) operating at a focal ratio of f/7.7.
- Short tube length of 22.5-inch and tube weight of 7.5-pounds make it easily portable.
- Generous 5.9-inch (150 mm) of backfocus is standard and can produce 3.9-inch (100 mm) of backfocus with optional reducer.
- Dual Speed Focuser, now standard on the ED81, provides fine focus adjustments for 1/7th speed focusing.
- Sharp, color-free image of high contrast for both visual and photographic applications - without unwanted color or "blooming" around bright stars.
The carry handle shown is sold separately, but the tube rings themselves are included.
Vixen Product Number: 5864
|Aperture||81 mm (3.25")|
|Dawes Limit||1.43 arcseconds|
|Focal Length||625 mm|
|Light Gathering Power||134x|
|Tube Weight||7.9 lbs|
|Warranty||5 Year Warranty|