Vixen ED0.67X Focal Reducer for Vixen ED Refractors
The Focal Reducer ED0.67X is designed exclusively for imaging with Vixen ED81S, ED103S, or ED115S refractors. For prime focus SLR camera astrophotography, both an optional 60mm wide photo adapter and optional T-ring appropriate to your SLR camera is required.
The Focal Reducer ED0.67X will reduce telescope focal lengths as follows:
- ED81S: Focal Length 625mm (f/7.7) becomes 419mm (f/5.2)
- ED103S: Focal Length 795mm (f/7.7) becomes 533mm (f/5.2)
- ED115S: Focal Length 890mm (f/7.7) becomes 596mm (f/5.2)
Preparation: The outer bayonet mount part of the SLR T-ring is required. Loosen the setscrews on the T-ring in order to remove the inner ring.
- Attach the T-ring with bayonet mount part to the wide photo adapter 60mm and tighten the setscrews.
- Screw the Focal Reducer ED0.67X onto the wide photo adapter.
- Next, screw the other side of the focal reducer into the drawtube of the telescope.
- Attach the SLT camera body onto the T-ring.
Note: This focal reducer is not recommended for visual observations as the telescope focal length to the focal plane is widely shifted from the original position.
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Is there any chance this product might work on the Explore Scientific 80mm f/6 Essential Series Triplet Refractor?
Technically, it could work, but there is no way to adapt this reducer without a custom machined adapter, and it is not certain that it would have a flat field at any point that you could bring it to focus with the ES scope.