Vixen Castor Alt Az Dual Mount Head
Berlebach's small and light alt azimuth dual mount head is designed for mounting binoculars, spotting scopes, telescopes and cameras.
- Easy to grip knobs for simple friction control of both axes.
- Dovetail Clamp included.
- Location to connect a second Dovetail Clamp.
- Counter balance Bar or a quick release coupling for a camera/ spotting scope.
- Thread size 3/8"
- Height: 4.7’????????? (120 mm )
- Width 6.9’????????? (175 mm )
- Diameter on the tripod attachment side : 2.3’?????????(60 mm )
- Weight: 2.87 lbs (1.30 kg )
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
What is the weight capacity of the mount, can it be mounted on a Porta II tripod, and is there a pillar or pier extension for it. Thanks.
This answer is being revised based on an error that a customer recently pointed out to us. This mount can support approximately 10-11 lbs on each side. The 65 lbs noted earlier is the capacity of the wooden tripod made for this head. There is no exten
Is there a way to mount this on a basic surveyor tripod?
You would need an interface adapter as this mount fits tripods with 3/8"-16 threads (most high-end photographic tripods) and most surveyor tripods use 5/8"-11 thread screws. It may be possible to get a 3/8" attachment for your surveyor tripod from that tr