Vixen A80MF Refractor w/ Advanced Polaris-M EQ Mount - Discontinued
Starting with a quality 80mm (3.2’?????????) Vixen Achromatic Refractor which operates at a focal length of 910mm with an f/ratio of 11.4, we have a small, lightweight telescope capable of its maximum magnifying power and reaching a limiting visual magnitude of 11. The telescope body measures 33.9" x 3.5" (860mm x 90mm) and weighs only 5.5 lbs (2.5 kg), so it is manageable by even the most inexperienced hands - yet capable of revealing some of the most magnificent wonders of the universe. Through its "eye" you'll reveal the moons of Jupiter, the rings of Saturn, mountains and craters on the Moon, colorful double stars, vast nebula, bright clusters and more because the Vixen A80MF makes a great terrestrial telescope, too! Keep an eye on the nesting eagles or spot distant ships on the horizon. The Vixen A80MF Refractor telescope does it all!
- Excellent optical quality Vixen 80mm f/11.4 Achromatic Refractor telescope.
- A quality Vixen 20mm eyepiece for general viewing.
- A Vixen 6.3mm eyepiece for those really clear nights for high power viewing.
- A diagonal Prism that connects the eyepiece to the telescope for comfortable positioning.
- A Dew Shield and quality rack and pinion focuser.
- Complete tube rings and dovetail plate to quickly attach to Vixen mounts.
The user-friendly, flexible Advanced Polaris-M equatorial mount is designed with several modules joined together. This new Vixen equatorial mount can be customized into several different configurations to meet your viewing requirements. Suitable for the novice who wants an easy-to-use equatorial mount, as well as the seasoned observer, who wants a highly portable "Grab and Go" equatorial mount. This unit will provide solid support for your telescope, giving you the freedom to enjoy a comfortable night observing the heavens. Friction control system allows the mount to be shifted quickly onto your target object. A large array of accessories and modules are available for those who want to modify the Advanced Polaris-M mount.
Furthermore, the Vixen Advanced Polaris-M Equatorial Mount comes with the RA motor module with Star Book One hand controller. Features of the Star Book One include variable tracking and slewing speeds along with backlash compensation and PEC. The Star Book One controller is also autoguider ready for top-notch astrophotography.
- RA and DEC Slow Motion: Worm and Wheel Gears with 140 tooth whole circle micro-movement
- RA Axis: 59mm diameter, aluminum alloy
- DEC Axis: 59mm diameter, aluminum alloy
- Altitude Adjustment: Latitude between 0??? ~ 65???, with a tangent screw bolts about 1.9??? per rotation
- Azimuth Adjustment: Twin screw knobs About 1.4??? per rotation
- Number of Bearings: 7 Pieces - Ball Bearings
- Counterweight Bar: 20mm diameter steel
- Counterweight: 1.0 kg (2.2 lbs.)
- Optional: Pulse Motor
- RA Tracking/ Slewing: Star Book One
- External Power Supply: Micro USB
- Loading Capacity: 13.2 lbs.
Vixen Product Number: 39977