Vixen 22mm Lanthanum LVW Eyepiece - 1.25" / 2" - Discontinued
Vixen LVW Lanthanum Wide-Field Eyepieces - 22mm
The Vixen LVW eyepiece is designed to give you an incredible wide rich field of view, while reducing any internal loss of contrast or sharpness. Stunning views of the Moon, galaxies or extended nebulae are sure to follow when using this eyepiece. Be careful when viewing with these eyepieces, you just may feel like you are falling into a galaxy!
Vixen LVW Lanthanum Wide-Field Eyepiece Features
- Extra-long 20mm eye-relief allows for comfortable observations - even with eye glasses.
- Highly prized for eyepiece projection imaging.
- Fully multi-coated for absolute maximum performance qualities.
- Convenient fold-down rubber eye guards.
- Incredible wide field of view without internal loss of contrast or sharpness.
|Dust Caps Included||Yes|
|Eye Guard Included||Yes|
|Eye Relief||19mm & Up|
|Eyepiece Apparent FOV||65 degrees|
|Eyepiece Eye Relief||20mm|
|Eyepiece Focal Length||22mm|
|Eyepiece Special Feature||None|
|Field Stop||Not supplied by manufacturer|
|Lens Elements & Groups||8 elements & 5 groups|
|Model||Vixen Lanthanum LVW|
|Optical Design||Wide Angle|
***** 22 LVW
I purchased this EP at SCAE this year. I gave it a quick test on the Moon shortly after the first quarter. Using an SV80L APO triplet (f/7.5, 600 mm f/l I looked for any CA, pin cushion or other abberations and found none. The lunar limb was razor sharp as was the terminator. Contrast was excellent and the image very bright. Should be great for DSO's.