Characteristics of Astro-Physics Piers
- Unique tension design combines rugged construction with light weight, while reducing flexure and annoying vibrations.
- Legs and tension rods attach without hardware, allowing field assembly in minutes.
- Stainless steel turnbuckles allow you to make fine adjustments for polar alignment or minor leveling.
- The center posts are constructed of aluminum tubing, the base construction is thick-wall aluminum and the legs are steel for strength.
- Aluminum and steel parts are powder coated in a black wrinkle finish.
- 42" piers have 3 additional holes 8.5" from top for tray attachment (compensates for turnbuckle placement)
- Piers may contain minor cosmetic flaws, i.e. slight indentations or irregular paint pattern.
Advantages of Astro-Physics Piers
- Lightweight, breaks down into easily manageable pieces for easy transport & lifting.
- Very sturdy pier for its mass.
- Piers typically in stock for immediate shipment.
- 62" height available as standard item.
- Less expensive.
- Can purchase another pier post with a different height as separate item to use with different telescope.
- Longest component is pier post which is 8" shorter than assembled height, easy to fit into your car.