- This is a used item in very good condition
- Allows long night sky exposures with your camera
- Easy to align and use
- Extremely compact-take it camping
Used Vixen Polarie Camera Tracker - SoldThis compact mount platform allows you to capture night scapes and star images with ease.
Set up is simple. The Polarie attaches to a standard camera tripod and can accept any digital camera weighing up to 7 lbs. Using the included compass on the Polarie, orient the mount to face north. The Polarie features a North Star alignment window that you point at Polaris. The Polarie can also use a polar scope for alignment. Once set, the Polarie tracks with the motion of the stars to eliminate star trailing on your images resulting in sharp images of the Universe. The Polarie uses very accurate stepping motors and operates on 2 AA? batteries.
Polarie is designed to not only be functional, but also to be compact and attractive. The Polarie has a smooth, good looking design. The unit has no visible screws and although, not waterproof, it is designed to function in most weather conditions.
- Tracking Mode - Celestial tracking rate: 1/2 of celestial tracking rate. Solar tracking rate (Mean solar time) Lunar tracking rate (Mean lunar time):Usable in both northern and southern hemispheres
- Wheel Gear - 57.6mm diameter aluminum alloy axis with full-circle 144-tooth
- Worm gear - 9mm diameter high tension brass
- Bearings - 2 pieces
- Drive - Pulse Motor (Stepper Motor)
- Maximum Loading weight - 3.4lbs
- Polar sight hole - About 8.9 degree field of view
- Standard accessory - Compass
- Working voltage - 2 x AA-size batteries:DC2.4~3.0V
- External power supply:DC4.4~5.25V
- Electricity consumption - DC.V. A (At a loading weight of 1.5kg - 3.3 lbs)
- Duration of operation - About 4hours:At 20 C (68 F) degrees temperature, a 1.5kg (3.3 lbs) loading weight with use of Alkaline batteries
- Dimensions - 95x137x58mm (3.7x5.9x2.3 inches)
- Weight - 1.4 lbs (without batteries)
- Optional accessory - A dedicated polar axis scope for Polarie
Mount TypeCamera Tracker
Weight Capacity3.4 lbs.
- Polarie camera tracker unit
- Camera/ballead hub
- Instruction manual and original box
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.