- This is a used mount in very good condition
- Wired hand-held computer controller for mount
- 42,900 object database including the complete Messier, NGC and IC catalogs
- 25 user-defined objects
- Alignment assistance: One / two / three-star alignment
- Periodic Error Correction (PEC) removes inaccuracies inherent in gears and allows for more accurate tracking, especially for long-exposure astrophotography
- Connect to a computer via user-supplied RS-232 cable
- Flash upgradeable via internet download
Used Skywatcher EQ-6 Equatorial Mount - SOLD
Sky-Watcher's EQ6 GoTo Equatorial Mount features dual stepper servo motors, the SynScan computer hand controller, a stainless steel adjustable tripod, and built-in illuminated polar scope. For precise tracking, as required during long-exposure astrophotography or observation sessions, the EQ6 has the capability for you to program out the Periodic Error Correction (PEC) common to all worm gears. With a maximum payload capacity of up to 40 lbs, this mount is ideal for most medium to large refractor, reflector, or catadioptric OTAs and still be able to handle imaging rigs. The mount features a dual mounting saddle with compatibility for Vixen or Losmandy-style dovetail plates.
The SynScan system has an internal database of 42,900 celestial objects including the complete Messier, NGC and IC catalogs and 25 user-defined objects. To keep it current its firmware is updateable through the built-in serial port via updates downloaded through the Internet. Using the same computer connection, the SynScan can be controlled with many popular astronomy software systems for additional versatility. With multiple alignment options, ten slew speeds, and automatic tracking capabilities, finding and keeping objects centered in the field of view is easy no matter if you're viewing the fast-moving Moon or much slower deep space subjects.
The heavy-duty tripod has a center stabilizer bar that allows users to lock the accessory tray into the legs to provide additional stabilization and vibration reduction. Spiked feet give the tripod a sure-footing in rough, uneven, and soft ground. With a total weight of 77 lbs, including the two 11 lb counterweights, this mount and tripod provides a strong and sturdy platform for most of your astronomical observation and imaging needs.
- Sky-Watcher EQ6 GoTo Equatorial Mount
- 12VDC Car/Vehicle Power Cord
- SynScan Handcontroller
- 1-11 lb Counterweight*
- Counterweight Bar
- * Photo shows 2-only one included *
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.