Used Orion 10" f/3.9 Newtonian Astrograph Reflector - UT-11895 - SOLD-
No Reviews yet.
- This is a used telescope in very good condition
- Aperture: 254mm (10")
- Focal Ratio: f/3.9
- Focal Length: 1000mm
- Great value choice for a Newtonian Reflector Telescope
Used Orion 10" f/3.9 Newtonian Astrograph Reflector - UT-11895 - SOLD-Orion's largest reflector optimized for astrophotography boasts 10" parabolic primary optics with a very fast f/3.9 focal ratio for exceptional wide-field, deep-space imaging performance. Even faint galaxies and nebulae exhibit stunning detail with limited exposure time when photographed through this large-aperture astrograph with a CCD imager or DSLR camera. You'll get incredibly bright, crisp images that will make apo refractor aficionados green with envy - and you'll have more green in your wallet thanks to this telescope's more-affordable Newtonian design.
Both the 10" (254mm) primary and secondary mirror feature enhanced reflectivity (94%) aluminization for bright, contrast-rich images. The 82mm minor axis secondary mirror provides excellent full-field illumination with modern CCD imagers and DSLR cameras, with less than 8% light drop-off at the edge of APS-C sized sensors. The adjustable 4-vane secondary mirror holder features very thin, 1mm thick spider vanes to minimize diffraction effects in images. A center mark on the primary mirror and three easy-grip collimation knobs make optical alignment easy and precise.
Extended tube length of 7.5" in front of the focuser blocks intrusion of off-axis light, ensuring optimum image contrast. The sturdy 2" dual-speed (11:1), low-profile Crayford focuser permits ultra-fine focus and has 38mm of drawtube travel and a helpful drawtube lock knob. A steel reinforcing plate bolted inside the 38.6" long tube directly under the focuser helps eliminate flexure between it and tube, even with heavy imaging gear attached.
As with any fast Newtonian, an optional coma corrector is recommended to achieve flat-field imaging performance. Standard accessories include two cast aluminum tube rings, a 9x50 finder scope, D size dovetail bar.
Not only does this affordable astrograph excel as an astrophotography instrument, but the Orion 10" f/3.9 Newtonian can also be used as a formidable visual telescope. Its large 10" aperture and fast focal ratio will provide wondrous views of deep space objects, the planets and Moon, and sparkling star fields in both 2" and 1.25" telescope eyepieces.
Get the Orion 10" f/3.9 Newtonian Astrograph reflector telescope today and take your shot!
- User level: Advanced
- Optical design: Reflector
- Optical diameter: 254mm
- Focal length: 1000mm
- Focal ratio: f/3.9
- Optics type: Parabolic
- Glass material: Low thermal expansion glass
- Resolving power: 0.46arc*sec
- Lowest useful magnification: 25x
- Highest useful magnification: 300x
- Highest theoretical magnification: 500x
- Limiting stellar magnitude: 14.7
- Optical quality: Diffraction limited
- Finder scope: 9x50
- Focuser: 2" dual-speed Crayford
- Secondary mirror obstruction: 82mm
- Secondary mirror obstruction by diameter: 32%
- Secondary mirror obstruction by area: 10%
- Mirror coatings/ over-coatings: Enhanced Aluminum & Silicon Dioxide
- Mount type: Optical tube without mount
- Astro-imaging capability: Lunar, planetary & long exposure
- Tube material: Steel
- Optical tube length: 38.6"
- Optical tube weight: 25.5 lb.
- Additional included accessories: Tube rings, Cooling accelerator fan, 2" to 1.25" adapter
- Other features: Primary mirror center mark, Extended tube in front of focuser.
- Orion 10" f/3.9 Imaging Newtonian OTA
- Finder and bracket
- Tube rings with V size plate
- Deluxe low-profile Crayford style focuser
- Focus motor
- Battery pack for fan
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.