Used Meade 8" Schmidt-Newtonian f/4 Optical Tube- UT-11681 - SOLD
No Reviews yet.
- This is a used optical tube in excellent condition
- Great wide-field photographic telescope
Used Meade 8" Schmidt-Newtonian f/4 Optical Tube- UT-11681 - SOLDUT-11681: Meade's Schmidt-Newtonian optics yield pinpoint stellar images over an extremely wide field-of-view with only half the coma of standard Newtonians of the same focal ratio.
• Schmidt-Newtonian optics are mounted in precision-machined aluminum cells, which are then mounted in sturdy steel tubes which are baked with high-grade textured enamel paint. The optical tube assembly is closed, reducing air currents inside the tube. This prevents distortion of an otherwise sharp image. Plus, a closed tube significantly helps keep the optics clean.
• The Corrector Lens fully corrects for spherical aberration and provides pinpoint star images. Water white glass is used in all Schmidt-Newtonian corrector lenses to maximize light transmission. The use of water white glass results in an increase of light transmission in excess of 10%, as compared to competitive telescopes using soda lime glass.
• Schmidt-Newtonian corrector lenses and mirrors are individually figured to create a superior optical system which is renowned for its exquisite smoothness and performance. Premium-grade Pyrex mirrors are used in all Schmidt-Newtonian optical systems, providing exceptional thermal stability versus competing models using standard plate glass.
Aperture203 mm (7.99")
Optical DesignSchmidt Newtonian
Warranty90 Day Warranty
- Meade 8" f/4 Schmidt-Newtonian optical tube
- Parallax heavy duty tube rings
- JMI EV-1 2-speed focuser
- D size bottom dovetail
- JMI hard shell carry case (shown)
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.