Used Dewbuster Precision Dew Heater Controller - Sold
- This is a used item in very good condition
- 10 heater outputs
- 2 Temperature controlled outlets
- Outlets are short circuit protected
Used Dewbuster Precision Dew Heater Controller - Sold
Precision temperature control keeps you dew free all night long while your telescope performs at its best. Easy to operate, stingy on power, built tough and reliable, and backed with a no-hassle 5 year warranty. Compatible with all major brands of heaters and 12VDC and 13.8VC power sources. Output configuration may be customized to your needs usually at no extra cost. Optional Heavy Duty Power Cords available.
Built To Last!
Designed for those who want the best and want it to last a long time. Over 15 years in production and 99% of all DewBuster™ Controllers are still in service! We don't cut corners, RCA jacks are solidly mounted in quality aluminum case to prevent circuit board stresses when plugging in heaters. Short-protected outputs can't be harmed by heater faults that can kill lesser controlllers. I maintain records so your receipt is never needed for the no-hassle 5-year warranty and don't look for reasons to void your warranty which even covers damage from home-made heater strips or shorted heaters. And even after the warranty period expires your DewBuster™ Controller is still repairable at a very modest cost!
Quit wasting time fiddling with your dew controller when you should be using your telescope. Color-coded outputs make connections easy and the night-vision friendly red LED's blink to assure you it's working properly. No confusing controls to struggle with in the dark, simply turn one knob and forget about dew. No looking through the owners manual with a flashlight because you forgot the cryptic programming sequence and no need to recalibrate the controller when switching temperature sensors.
Temperature Sensor measures both air and telescope temperatures and DewBuster™ Controller automatically controls heater temperature slightly above air, preventing dew while maximizing telescope performance. Swapping temperature sensors has no affect on calibration so no need to remember which sensor goes with which channel. This also means you can order extra sensors for each of your telescopes and move the controller back and forth while never needing to recalibrate. Ambient Air Sensors are located in sensor cables to prevent errors from mounting controller on a warmer or colder surface. When used without a sensor, that channel switches to Medium Power outputs so it is not wasted.
Stingy on power!
Temperature control saves battery energy during the early part of the night when telescope is cooling-down, then applies only it what is necessary to prevent telescope from cooling below air temperature. Like all dew controllers Pulse Width Modulation is used for efficiency, but the DewBuster™ Controller adds synchronization circuitry which alternates pulses between Temperature Controlled and Medium Power heaters to reduce peak current and cause less fluctuation of battery voltage. The Low Battery circuitry isn't just a heater shut off that lets your scope dew up, it gradually reduces power to your heaters giving you time to switch power sources after an exposure finishes or to unplug less important items while catching a few more objects before you call it a night. And you never have to worry about battery damage because it will not alllow your battery to run below the 10.5V minimum recommended by battery manufacturers.
- 10 Output Jacks -- Heater Output Jacks are mounted to aluminum enclosure, not the circuit board. This prevents solder joints breaking due to stresses of plugging and unplugging heaters. Standard SCT/Refractor configuration shown above has two Temp Controlled outputs (one on each side), six Medium Power outputs, and two 12V Power Outlets.
- Temperature Controlled Outputs -- When a Temperature Sensor is plugged in, the Temp Controlled Output constantly adjusts heater power level to keep the corrector plates or objective lens temperature just a few degrees F above the air temperature (as set by control knob). This insures optimum telescope performance and maximum energy savings so your battery runs longer. On very large heaters the energy savings can be significant. If a Temperature Sensor is not plugged in, the Temp Controlled output(s) on that side switch to Medium Power operation so the output is not wasted.
- Medium Power Outputs -- The Medium Power outputs do not use a Temperature Sensor but instead apply sufficient power to insure dew does not form. Medium Power is typically used for small non-critical heaters such as eyepiece, finder scope, Telrad, etc. where the extra heat will not affect telescope performance and the energy savings would be negligible.
- 12V Power Outlets -- provide constant 12V power for accessories such as Digital Setting Circles or Cameras and remain powered even when the DewBuster™ Controller is turned off. They may also be used to provide full power to a heater if Medium Power is not enough.
- Variety of Power Cords -- Standard cigarette plug power cord is 10-feet long and fused at 10 Amps. For observatory installations or large telescopes a Heavy Duty Power Cord is available with self-resetting PTC fuse and a wide choice of connections to fit just about any power source. For those who use multiple power sources, the Heavy Duty Powerpole® Power Cord allows quick an easy switching between "pigtails" connected to each power source.
- Short Circuit Protected Heater Outputs -- Heater outputs are short-circuit protected so heater faults can't damage controller.
- Synchronized Pulse Width Modulation -- For maximum efficiency Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) is used to control power to your heaters, but the DewBuster™ Controller takes it to the next level by alternating pulses between Temperature Controlled and Medium Power outputs to reduce peak current and thus fluctuations in battery voltage.
- Customize Your Controller -- You may customize the output jack configuration or select from a variety of Power Cord Options because every DewBuster™ Controller is hand built allowing me to customize it to best suit your needs. If you need assistance do not hesitate to contact me. With a DewBuster™ Controller you are never stuck, if you ever wish to reconfigure your controller outputs or power cord then you can send it in for an upgrade and in most cases you will only pay return shipping plus the cost of the options being added. This even applies long after the warranty has expired!
- Proven Technology -- Industrial-Spec components for dependable performance 24/7 and operation in extreme cold weather.
- Longevity -- 99% of all DewBuster™ Controllers built in the last 15 years are still in service!
- No CCD Interference -- The DewBuster™ Controller will not interfere with CCD equipment and the 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee allows you to return it if you are not completely satisfied.
- Heater Status Lights -- LED's are wired directly to heater outputs so if they are illuminating then you can be sure voltage pulses are being sent to your heater. When the Temperature Controlled LED blinks you know that the temperature is being maintained at the control knob setting. Red LED's are easily visible at night yet dim enough not to interfere with your night vision.
- Battery Status Light -- Yellow Battery warning light begins to flicker dimly when battery is weak and gradually brightens as battery weakens further to give you a visual cue as to how fast your battery is depleting.
- Smart Low-Battery Circuitry -- As voltage nears 10.5V, reduces heater power levels to provide as much heat as possible while never allowing the battery to fall below 10.5V. This allows heaters to run as long as possible while preventing battery damage.
- Premium Enclosure -- No plastic, the deluxe cast aluminum enclosure is finished in durable polyester powder coat. Durable and scratch-resistant Lexan® front panel graphics. Enclosure measures a compact 4.4" x 2.4" x 1.2".
- Easy Removal -- Included industrial strength Velcro® strip holds tight but allows easy removal when breaking down scope.
Accessory TypeDew Heater Controller
Number of OutputsTen
- Dewbuster controller with 12V cord
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.