- This Used Celestron StarSense AutoAlign is a Used item in very good condition. It comes with a 90-day OPT warranty.
Used Celestron StarSense AutoAlign - Sold
The revolutionary technology in the award-winning SkyProdigy telescope is now available for almost every Celestron computerized telescope.
Before the Celestron StarSense, using a computerized telescope required a lengthy alignment process of finding and centering at least two bright stars in the telescopes eyepiece. But those days are gone! When you add StarSense to your Celestron computerized telescope, it will automatically aligns itself, no user input is needed. You don't need to find an alignment star???you don't even need to know which stars are up in the sky! The Celestron StarSense Accessory takes care of all that for you.
StarSense is not only compatible with all of Celestron??s current computerized telescope models, but backwards compatible with many older models as well. *Here is a full list, as of January, 2013. If you do not see your Celestron Computerized telescope on this list, give us a call and we'll find out if they can hook up:
- NexStar SE Series
- CPC, CPC DX
- CGE Pro
- Advanced VX
- CGEM, CGEM DX
- NexStar SLT (with optional Aux. splitter)
- LCM (with optional Aux. splitter)
Please Note: The NexStar i series and the Ultima 2000 are NOT compatible with the StarSense.
How Does the StarSense Work?
The Celestron StarSense Accessory includes a small digital camera that attaches to the telescopes optical tube, along with a specialized hand controller. Just set up the accessory, push the Align button on the hand controller, and StarSense starts capturing and comparing images of the night sky against its internal database of 40,000 celestial objects. In about three minutes, StarSense will gather enough information to triangulate its position and align itself. Then, to start observing, press the Sky Tour button: StarSense will automatically slew to all the best stars, planets, galaxies, and more based on your exact time and location.
Even the most advanced telescope users will love using the affordable Celestron StarSense Accessory. StarSense replaces expensive software used for Advanced Mount Modeling, providing superior pointing accuracy from horizon to horizon. Users can add as many calibration stars as desired to give their telescope mount a new level of accuracy.
Highlights of the Celestron StarSense
- The StarSense system enables automatic alignment of your Celestron computerized telescope*.
- No need to identify or locate any star in the sky StarSense will automatically align your telescope, so you can begin observing in minutes.
- The Star Sense is the only accessory available that will enable automatic GoTo alignment.
- Aligns your telescope from start to finish in 3 minutes or less.
- The Celestron StarSense provides advanced mount modeling ???the ability to align on numerous stars throughout the sky for extremely precise goto pointing accuracy.
- StarSense hand controller included.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.