- This is a used camera in very good condition*
- Monochrome Interline CCD Camera
- Pixel Array: 1688 x 1248
- Pixel Size: 4.40 microns x 4.40 microns
- Sensor: Sony ICX274
Used Atik 420EX Monochrome CCD Camera
The Atik 420 is the first camera in its class to offer high performance regulated cooling, low power consumption and narrow body all in one. It is particularly well matched with the 6 and 8 inch HyperStar systems, where the narrow body and low heat dissipation make a difference, or with short focal length refractors, providing a very fast, high definition wide field of view. And without the price tag.
The Atik 4-Series cameras are a development of the 3-Series cameras, featuring a narrower body. These are particularly suitable if the camera is to be placed in front of the telescope in HyperStar or Fastar systems, as well as on custom-designed systems that need a narrow-bodied CCD camera. The cameras feature setpoint cooling to make taking matching dark frames a snap, and simple 12V power requirement to facilitate field operation.
The Atik 420 is a perfect match for short focal lengths. HyperStar/Fastar systems and small refractors with focal reducers are among the instruments of choice for this camera. Featuring the narrowest body in its class, the Atik 420 is one of the lightest cameras as well. But don't think there was a compromise regarding cooling performance or stability. The cooler module has been engineered for low power use, making your field sessions last longer. Also, the desiccant port is now easily accessible from the exterior.
Included With The Atik 400 Series CCD Camera
Also included is Dawn, Atik's new image-processing software. Like our cameras, it was designed from the ground up to be powerful yet easy to use. It allows a sequence of image-processing steps to be represented in the form of a pictorial workflow which can be created with a few mouse clicks and can then be executed very easily for repeatable and speedy results.
About The Sony ICX274 Interline CCD Chip
The ICX274AL is a diagonal 8.923mm (Type 1/1.8) interline CCD solid-state image sensor with a square pixel array and 2.01M effective pixels. Progressive scan allows all pixels' signals to be output independently within approximately 1/15 second, and output is also possible using various addition and pulse elimination methods.
This chip features an electronic shutter with variable charge-storage time which makes it possible to realize full-frame still images without a mechanical shutter. Further, high sensitivity and low dark current are achieved through the adoption of Super HAD CCD technology.
The Sony ICX274 Interline Features
- High horizontal and vertical resolution with square pixels
- Supports the following modes: Progressive scan mode (with/without mechanical shutter) - 2/8-line readout mode - 2/4-line readout mode - 2-line addition mode - Center scan modes (1), (2) and (3) - AF modes (1) and (2)
- Horizontal drive frequency: 28.6364MHz (typ.), 36.0MHz (max.)
- Reset gate bias need no adjustment
- High sensitivity, low dark current
- Continuous variable-speed shutter function
- Excellent anti-blooming characteristics
- 20-pin high-precision plastic package
- Image size : Diagonal 8.923mm (Type 1/1.8)
- Total number of pixels : 1688 (H) x 1248 (V) approx. 2.11M pixels
- Number of effective pixels : 1628 (H) x 1236 (V) approx. 2.01M pixels
- Number of active pixels : 1620 (H) x 1220 (V) approx. 1.98M pixels
- Recommended number of recording pixels : 1600 (H) x 1200 (V) approx. 1.92M pixels
- Chip size : 8.50mm (H) x 6.80mm (V)
- Unit cell size : 4.40 micrometers (H) x 4.40 micrometers (V)
- Optical black : Horizontal (H) direction: Front 12 pixel's, rear 48 pixels
- Number of dummy bits : Horizontal 28 - Vertical 1
- Substrate material : Silicon
- Atik 420 Camera Body
- Sony ICX274 Monochrome Sensor
- USB and DC power cables
- Instructions and DVD
- Original box and packaging
- * 3rd photo is 0 second bias. 4th photo is 300 second dark *
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.