Take full advantage of the eVscope’s portability with this custom Backpack.
This backpack was carefully designed with the world-leading manufacturer of large telephoto lens transportation bags. It is made of tough reinforced fabric and carefully padded with high-density foam to protect your telescope from any shock.
Features of the eVscope Backpack:
- Built-in foam inserts precisely match the shape of your eVscope.
- Internal strap to securely fasten the instrument while backpacking.
- Removable rain-shield protects it from rain and humidity.
- Padded adjustable shoulder straps.
- Padded adjustable hip-belt to distribute the load weight.
- 5 small internal pockets: 2 zipped, 2 to hold telescope cap and eyepiece lid while observing and a spare one.
- Ventilated back panel
- 2 large external and 1 hip-belt zipped pocket.
The backpack measures 72 x 22.5 x 29 cm (H x W x D) or around 28.3 x 8.9 x 11.4-inches and is made out of the same robust materials as computer bags. It weighs 2 kg or around 4.4-pounds.
Air travel with your eVscope and backpack?
This backpack is perfect for walking around only. Most of the airline companies limit their hand luggage to 8 kg or 18-pounds. Please, mind that the eVscope weighs 9 kg (19.8-pounds) and the backpack 2 kg (4.4-pounds). Moreover, the backpack size of 72 x 22.5 x 29 cm (28.3 x 8.9 x 11.4-inches) does not fit the hand luggage requirements, it's slightly longer.
The manufacturer does not recommend putting your eVscope simply in the backpack in checked luggage, (there is a huge chance it might be damaged). The Unistellar team uses rigid cases while traveling to make sure that their eVscopes are perfectly safe.
Last but not least, lithium-ion batteries under 100 Wh. These batteries can be placed in checked baggage as part of the portable electronic devices, without any problems.