TAKAHASHI EM-200 TEMMA 2Z MOUNT HL
TAKAHASHI EM-200 TEMMA 2Z MOUNT HLThe Takahashi EM-200 Temma II is an accurate, precision-built GoTo German equatorial mount that provides a stable platform for payloads of up to 40 pounds. It is an ideal mount for any type telescope, be it a refractor, reflector, or cassegrain. The modern aesthetic design of the EM-200 is highly attractive as well as beautifully functional. The RA and DEC stepper motors are fully integrated into the mounting,and the high precision design and construction provides cyclic errors lower than +/- 5 arc seconds.
The integrated polar alignment telescope has an illuminated reticule which can be dimmed to suit the user or observing conditions. In conjunction with the precision altitude and azimuth adjusters, this will typically give polar alignment accuracy within 2 minutes of arc of the celestial pole. Included in this package are an RS232C cable, ST-4 or ST-7 cable, shaft encoders, hand controller, power cord for both 12V and 24V operation.
The new style EM-200 mounts include the ability for operation on 12v or 24v and feature high speed slewing at 700x [sidereal rate] at 12v and 700x at 24v. 12V operation (12v DC only for high speed operation) takes place with the use of the hand controller only. The mount will then function just like the EM-200 USD model (no GoTo functions). However, with the use of the hand controller and your PC, you can operate with 12V or 24V (two 12V batteries connected in series). 12V will give you a slewing speed of up to 700X sidereal, and 24V will produce slew speeds of up to 700X. A hand controller and power cable for 12V/220V battery connection is included. A PC is required for GoTo operations.
Takahashi EM-200 Temma II Mount Specifications
- Type German Equatorial Mount
- Azimuth Adjustment 30 degrees
- R.A. Slow-Motion Motor driven
- DEC. Slow-Motion Motor driven
- Elevation 10 to 48
- Polar Finder / Accuracy - Built-in / 2' - 4.45 degrees
- R.A. Setting Circles Accuracy 10 arcminutes
- DEC. Setting Circles Accuracy 2
- Encoders Included
- Weight (without counterweights) 15 kg
- Counterweights 2 x 5kg
- Maximal Loading Capacity 18 kg (without counterweights)
- Optimal Loading Capacity 15 kg (without counterweights)
- Operating Voltage 12V / 24V DC - 12v DC only for high speed operation
- Power Consumption NC
- Tube Mounting 2 x M8 screws (35mm)
- Mounting Capacities Tube rings, plates and dovetail mounting plates,
- R.A. axis diameter. (material) 40 mm (bronze)
- R.A. worm gear shaft diameter (material) 18 mm (iron)
- R.A. gear diameter (material) 92 mm/180 teeth (bronze)
- DEC. axis diameter (material) 40 mm (iron)
- DEC. worm gear shaft diameter (material) 18 mm (brass)
- DEC. gear diameter (material) 92 mm/180 teeth
- Stepper Motors Accuracy 50 PPS
- Slow motion speeds 0,1x to 1,9x sidereal rate
- High speed mode 700x sidereal rate
- Worm gear shaft cycle 8 minutes
- Autoguiding SBIG ST-4/7 compatible
Please don't forget... the tripod is optional with this mount. Feel free to choose one from the Accessories Tab unless you have other plans.
Ed. Note: My thanks go out to Dennis Simmons of Brisbane, Australia for his scanned copies of the instruction manual for the EM-200 Temma II. Thanks, Dennis! If you'd like a copy, go to the "Images/Articles" tab and you can download a PDF.
|Counterweights||(2) 11 lb|
|Hand Controller Included||Takahashi Temma 2Z|
|Latitude Range||2 degrees to 63 degrees|
|Mount Design||German Equatorial|